IGNORED

Progress Report

Oiluj

Installed Eibach progressive rate springs and Tokico HP strut cartridges in the rear suspension last weekend. With the struts out, I painted the undercoated wheel wells with Rustoleum silver metallic, followed by a coat of clear before reinstalling the suspension components.

Also almost completed the headlight harness upgrade while waiting for the paint to dry on Saturday.

Since most of my rubber suspension bushings still look good, I decided not to switch them out with poly at this time. I’ll see how it “feels” before making that decision. I can always do that during the rainy season, if required.

The front struts are out of the car and the larger front sway bar from MSA is in-place. It really is much larger, making me glad I had a few extra welds added to the frame in that area. My plan, (subject to my wife’s plans for me), is to install the front suspension and four piston front brakes this coming weekend.

After installation of the front suspension comes the task of disassembling the rear axles. They don't appear to have ever been touched, so after almost 36years, I expect this may be a difficult and time consuming task. I need to do this in order to install the rear disc brake kit. It will also give me a chance to inspect & service the rear wheel bearings.. Could be interesting…

The engine is done and waiting to go on the dyno at Rebello Racing. I’m really looking forward to seeing how she runs! Should get it back next week.

That’s it for now. More to come…

post-15388-14150804506185_thumb.jpg

Hey Julio,

In regards to the rubber bushings......with all the suspension work you are undertaking, I suspect you will discover that the poly bushings will soon be in order! The poly bushings will make a big difference in how a car responds to driver input and feedback........a couple of examples; turn-in and stability under heavy braking. Some people will say they give you a harsh ride but, I don't buy into that belief because I believe the springs, dampers, and other elements dictate ride harshness. Anyway, it looks as though you are doing a really nice job of freshening up your Z. All I will say is.....your going to love it when its done!!!!!

Tom