IGNORED

Sakura rims F/S...got $4k lying around?

gogriz91

I think the wheels look good, but they are not dot approved, and are clearly stamped "for competition use only". Add to that at the $1000 a rim price you can have a set machined to your specifications at several places, in several widths, and it becomes a much more difficult to justify purchase.

Vintage wheels are getting more expensive than it would cost to reproduce them in single set quantity and considering most of the originals were not DOT approved, have seen 20 to 30 years of fatiguing use, I cant' understand why someone would pay that much and then restore them!

Buying them at a bargain I understand completly!!

Will

Edited by hls30.com

Those rims are BEUTIFUL ^_^ !

When I seen those I that they'd be cool for a "Chun LI" style Z

or for a girl's car in general, but then when I found out they were

Yayoi and some of those rims were only made in sets of

15 or 20 and how pricey they were I thought,

"Ohhhhh boy, here we go.

More expensive JDM goods".

~Z~

Nice show pieces. I wouldn't lay down that much coin for them, but to some it's no more of a justifiable expense than someone willing to pay the big bucks to achieve absolute originality on a low vin car or to go over the top on a modified car. To each...their own, I guess.

Yayoi - Casted by Hayashi to become cult legends. I'm wondering which arm I need less. Pink wheels on a brown 510 - umm - Maybe if I painted the bluebird black.... Those are the Ideal offset... I don't really need to repair that retaining wall. Nothing vital will slide down the hill . Just a peice of my driveway.... humm.

"Your wheel collection was your ticket out" Still addicted I see! Will

O hell yea! And it's still growing. As evident by the stacks of wheels in various places throughout the house - the latest? A set of circa 1983 Hoshino Impul D-01 Silhouettes (here in the office) and a set of SSR Mk1's in the living room (more like the Datsun Parts wearhouse than "living room")

Victor, you could always build some enclosures out of plexiglass or a simple skeleton frame and use the rims as furniture pieces-speaker stand, base to the entertainment center, end tables, dining table. The options could be endless, and therefor you would be able to rationalize purchasing more...

If I put those on 26th, she'd look like a Christmas tree. No one would understand. However if I had a black 510 two-door...it would be sooo ultimate. But about the price thing...I was cruising the BMW lot this morning and they had a Z4 coupe marked up $5,000 for the wheels and tires that were on it. I scoffed too.