IGNORED

Why aren't YOU going to ZCON 2008?

TomoHawk

I don't see why you can't drive whatever you have to the car show and look around, visit, and have a bite. I'm not sure about what to say about the t-shirts and souvenirs, but you can go to the convention website and there's an email link for information. just click on the link in my signature.

I sent an email and will post the answers when they reply. Like I said, I don't mind supporting the cause, but $85 is a lot to spend for attending only the show.

Last year the car show was at Daytona Speedway and not open to the public. You had to register for the whole convention to get in to the speedway for the car show. Evidently, this year the car show is open to the public. Some info I got in the morning e-mail:

Greetings from your 2008 Z Convention Team!

This year's "Cleveland RockZ" convention is shaping up to be a very memorable convention. We have a variety of surprises in store.

From now through Convention our team will be forwarding additional details for the variety of Events throughout the week and help you to be prepared...and have FUN at this year's convention.

Our team can be reached at info@clevelandrockz.com for any questions prior to convention. At convention, look for any of our team members wearing blue & black convention-team shirts with the "Cleveland RockZ" logo. Hotel registration will be available along with the "Z Store" just inside the hotel and off to the right. Signs will be posted to help direct convention visitors.

For those participating in the Mid-Ohio Performance Driving Event, please be sure to prep yourself and Z car per the instruction packet which can be downloaded from the convention website here: http://www.clevelandrockz.com/Mid-Ohio_Perf_Driving_Event_v11.pdf. Safety regulations & tech-inspections MUST be completed in order to participate - please be sure to review the requirements!

This year's car-show will held at the Cuyahoga County fairgrounds which is only 20 minutes from the Embassy Suites - Independence host hotel. Hoses will be available for last-minute cleanings at the fairgrounds. As this is the 21st ZCCA convention, new-comers will definitely want to review the judging rules in preparation for this year's judged car show. Rules can be found at the ZCCA website, here: http://www.zcca.org/downloads/JudgingRules_rev2005.pdf

If you're coming in Sunday, the 28th be sure to sign up for our downtown tours being provided by Lolly The Trolley, a Cleveland-area tradition or join us for the "Mad Mike" party for food and music.

Please be sure to visit our Sponsors page off the convention website - we have a ton of goodies to auction and raffle off throughout the week. Note - 50/50 raffle proceeds this year will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Our team is putting final touches on details for this year's convention and are very excited to be able to be your hosts. Stay tuned for more updates and tips regarding this year's "21st International Z Car Convention" !

Best Regards,

Christopher Karl

21st Annual ZCCA Z Car Convention Chairman

Event info: www.clevelandrockz.com

Monday morning e-mail... 8.25.08

FYI...the convention staff has managed to secure 25 single-car garage spaces and are available for track day at Mid-Ohio.

If you are interested, please send us a note ASAP. Payment can be made via Paypal or check. The fee for the garage will be $50 - first come, first serve!

Regards,

Christopher Karl

21st Annual ZCCA Z Car Convention Chairman

Event info: www.clevelandrockz.com

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I am in!

I signed up for the convention today! I have a prior engagement the same week, so I won't be there for everything, and will probably be there in a rental car instead of a Z, but unless something serious happens I will be there.

Who else is signed up?

I(hopefully We-depending on my wifes schedule clearing up)will be headed up Saturday and stay through Wednesday or Thursday. I just signed me up, but hope to add the rest of the family before too long!

Will

As others have said, last year in Daytona if you wanted to enter the speedway and attend the show you had to be registered which was costly I guess a DIS rule about getting in the track. In order for my son to attend just the car show I had to pay the entire 5 day registration alot of $ for the the average spectator. I'm sure there would have been alot more spectators if it had been prorated but it was well worth it to be able to drive my Z on banks of Daytona.

post-15320-14150804465242_thumb.jpg

post-15320-14150804465749_thumb.jpg

Don't feel too bad, I registered a car, and wasn't able to bring it-but then that is why I was behind my camera on top of the press box instead of having it beside me on the seat driving with you on the track!

Will

Hey Will,

You were exactly where you needed to be! (smile)