IGNORED

'71 Series I 240Z Refurbished

kinfish

Took me 37.5 years to get enough courage to cover up the original paint.

Got tired of looking at the years of abuse and road rash sustained on journeys stretching from Florida to Maine to Yellowstone Park in Wyoming to the Mojave desert in California.

The dings, scratches and other sins were fixed and some rust areas repaired with real metal.

Car is still relatively unmolested after 175,000+ miles but I did replace the original #903 blue with a 2007 vibrant color and add a new version of stripes which I like but will make the purists cringe.

11 weeks in paint shop + 3 weeks of sweat in my 98 deg garage to put it back together and here she is:

post-1760-14150803820076_thumb.jpg

..but will make the purists cringe.
Who cares what others think? When you've owned the same car as long as you have, you're entitled to paint it any color and pattern you want.

FWIW - I do like it. Nice job!

Who cares what others think? When you've owned the same car as long as you have, you're entitled to paint it any color and pattern you want.

FWIW - I do like it. Nice job!

Exactly right . It is your car so if it makes you happy that is all that really matters. FWIW I personally think its very,very, nice. God I have got to get mine painted. :classic:

Nice looking car, Ron! I've always liked the blue with white stripes look -it reminds me of the old '60s Shelby Mustangs. The dark royal blue you painted your 240Z looks particularly good. A few years ago I took a picture of a 280Z here in Colorado with a similar look (see below). Although it happened to be in a junkyard, I still liked the look even though I tend to lean more towards the purist side. :)

post-6600-14150803820442_thumb.jpg

I can't believe you saw that in a junkyard and left it there! :surprised

The last time I was at the junkyard (about a year ago), it was still there, but at a different location in the yard. It's located at Speedway Auto Wrecking in Dacono, CO. By the way, for any of you with a morbid sense of curiosity, the hole in the windshield was not from someone's head, but from a rock (there was a big rock sitting on the passenger seat when I took the picture).