IGNORED

LED Front Marker lights, I need some opinions.

Zs-ondabrain

I just finished my second set of LED front Marker lights and I need to know what you guys think. What would ya pay for something like this, would you rather just buy an LED bulb or or go for the whole conversion with wetsanded and polished lenses, cleaned housings, new screws and nylon washers, new mounting hardware and cleaned rubber seal?

Let me know what ya think, this is NOT an AD, just an inquiry to see what the demand is. I have one set in the classifieds but the price is for the complete set, not a conversion. If you send me yours for the conversion, it would cost less. http://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2920

what do ya think.

Dave.

post-4921-14150803428194_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803428625_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150803429045_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1415080342965_thumb.jpg

I don't see why those wouldn't be worth $40 a pair, or thereabouts.

Wow, just clicked the link and saw the $210 price tag. I guess there more to them than I thought there was at a quick glance. So disregard my $40 comment :) $210 is a lot more than I would pay for those though, even knowing there's a lot of work in them. I'd maybe pay $100, I'd need to see them on a car though first.

The multi-light set is much better. I'm sure the price is reasonable based on the time, effort, and materials involved. I'm just not sure how many will prefer it to an 89 cent replacement bulb. Good luck with the project.

Dennis

1971 240Z Original Owner

Dave:

I understand the work and materials that goes into what you did. $200ish is a very fair price. The results are outstanding.

Would you be willing to supply only the formed ABS sheet with mounted LED's and wiring to the bulb base for those of us that want to do the rest of the conversion/cleaning ourselves? Might make it more attractive $$-wise for more of your fan base.

Where would your price point be on that if you were willing to do it?

PS: Glad your back in selling your other harnesses now that you found the plug supplier.

Jim

Since I have installed your harness for the tail lights and marker lights Dave , mine are really bright and I have already polished the lenses and such. I wouldn't be interested in them for my Z. But they do look great . Gary

Dave,

It looks great. But $210, (which I think is a fair price), is more than I am willing to spend on this particular upgrade.

I would be more inclined to try using LED replacement bulbs at about $50. Have you done this and how do they work?

One other thing. You mentioned in a differnt post that you have done tail light conversions. Can you post pics of one of these? For me, that upgrade provides more value and is probably worth the expense.

Just my (cheap) two cents.