IGNORED

Exterior refresh of my red 240Z

Arne

Glad to see it looking so good! Hope the nice weather keeps you "fresh" in getting it reassembled and back on the road.

I have to say, though...with the exterior paint looking so nice, it makes me really want to get in the engine bay and front rad support and clean that up, too....then again, I haven't had my OCD medications yet this morning either...

All the glass is in, as is all the door hardware, and the hatch parts. Front lights and side markers first tomorrow, then the grill, maybe the bumpers and emblems. Lots more cleanup to be done inside and under the hood.

post-8596-14150803500399_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803500834_thumb.jpg

All the glass is in, as is all the door hardware, and the hatch parts. Front lights and side markers first tomorrow, then the grill, maybe the bumpers and emblems. Lots more cleanup to be done inside and under the hood.

Looking good!

You're a lot braver than I was, Arne. I let my paint cure in the driveway for a month before I even started any kind of real reassembly! The only thing I put back in was the quarter windows.

Very nice Arne! The spook looks good body color also. Everything seems to have fallen into place nicely in a short amount of time.
Yeah, the red front spoiler is definitely a hit with me, I love it!
I have to say, though...with the exterior paint looking so nice, it makes me really want to get in the engine bay and front rad support and clean that up, too....then again, I haven't had my OCD medications yet this morning either...
I put the spook on first thing, before I had done any cleaning, because it seemed to me that the safest place for it to not get scuffed was on the car. Cleaning has been done now.
That's a lot of work to put all that back together!
Maybe, but its work I like doing.
You're a lot braver than I was, Arne. I let my paint cure in the driveway for a month before I even started any kind of real reassembly! The only thing I put back in was the quarter windows.
I figure if it's cured enough to color sand, it can stand me (carefully) putting it together.
The Black side stripes would look really good on your car Arne......
I've considered that, but not sure yet.

The exterior is now done. Haven't tackled the interior yet, lots of dust to clean up in there before I can start putting it all back together.

Yes, I've found a few (very small) flaws, but on the whole, I'm very pleased. It was a good looking car when I tore it apart 5 weeks ago. Now, the roof is right, the color is far less 'orangy' and is uniform from top to bottom, and it is not covered with door dings and rock chips. In short, it is an even better looking car now.

post-8596-14150803501544_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803501966_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803502324_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803502679_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803503032_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803503493_thumb.jpg