IGNORED

Is it a #1 Z

Zup

The car certainly looks quite nice but here are a few things I see wrong in the pictures:

Original hubcaps are mentioned but not shown in the pictures. Polished valve cover and carbs are not original. Non-braided radiator hoses with wrong clamps. Fram oil filter and non-original battery. Deck jamb plugs painted over.

in a few minutes I think as pictured, Most likely a #3, in the stock or modified class, but pictures normally don't tell enough-or in some cases tell too much.

Especially with his comment "the extra headache and expense was spent tracking down the correct pieces"

points off in the stock class for:

polished valve cover, polished carb bowls

missing stickers on air cleaner, and core support.

incorrect hoses,

incorrect oil filter,

incorrect plug wires,

incorrect battery cables

incorrect battery hold down

incorrect hardware mounting the console

Modified console(cover mounting hardware is clearly seen)

healthy doses of filler on the hatch shelf.

Easy replacement to all of those, but they are still not "correct parts". and he still has these points takers assuming the pictures don't lie.

Points off in every class except Daily Driver...

corrosion at the union of the valve cover and the block-Number 3 all over it!

evidence of brake fluid damage on the frame rail under the master cyl(again #3)

Neither one of these is at home on a #1 car.

Will

Still the biggest problem with that car is my name isn't on the title! That is a car I would have to go see.

Man, I type slow-and I missed the battery.

Good to see that some things never change.LOL

Hey, it's well meant, and nobody is presuming evil intent on behalf of the owner/seller.

Anyone else notice the Series III Hazard Switch and the Series 1 Hazard Switch as a "Fog Lamp" switch?

E

hls30, how can you see brake fluid damage from there? Come on! Nissan spark plug wires are black. You really have to want to win to go buy a Nissan battery. ;) How about the locking door for the gas cap? Possibly optional on early cars, but how many had it? I noticed an electronic ignition while looking through the distributor cap, did you see that? :P I'm sure the hatch hinge screws should be painted. Obvious error by those folks who buys the stainless screw kits.

It looks about the same condition as mine, which is not a #1 car. I think it's closer to a 3+/2- on the SCM value scale. As mentioned before, too many little items to make it competitive at ZCCA nationals in Stock class, but a strong challenger in DD class.

hls30, how can you see brake fluid damage from there? Come on! Nissan spark plug wires are black. You really have to want to win to go buy a Nissan battery. ;) How about the locking door for the gas cap? Possibly optional on early cars, but how many had it? I noticed an electronic ignition while looking through the distributor cap, did you see that? :P I'm sure the hatch hinge screws should be painted. Obvious error by those folks who buys the stainless screw kits.

Look just to the left of the valve cover on the third pic and you'll see some discoloration at the level of the firewall/driver's frame rail.

Prior to disassembly, my Z's hatch hinge screws had red overspray from a 25-year repaint. On removing that paint, there was no lime yellow, only plating. I think the hinge screws were cad plated, not stainless, but one of the concours-type folks would have to confirm.

In the Stock class the car is to be as it left the factory, no if ands or wrong batteries!

I looked at the pictures for several minutes and picked up enough to show it was not a #1 car, and probably not a #2 car, then I stopped-well, ok, I left off a few other things like...but not limited to...

The red urethane suspension bushings, Silvania headlights and bulbs, 280Z tach, mismatched shocks(a monroe, two Konis, and one with no markings), the use of non nissan foam in the seats, the K&N airfilter, Chevrolet orange on the air cleaner, Oldsmobile blue on the engine block, an aftermarket master kit in the engine, an aftermarket lug stud and lug nuts, aftermarket wiper blades, a replacement cam shaft without the oiler tube(not to mention the blockoffs) the wrong fluids throughout the drivetrain-and locks and window regulators, non Nissan metal and body filler, fake spot welds, aftermarket wheelbearings, brakepads, shoes, drums and rotors, primer, paint, lubricants, 3M Weldwood adhesive holding up the headliner, a slathering of vinyl protecterant(nissan never used any)

To top it all off, there was no Japanese air in any of the tires!:stupid:

Still it is eye candy and a nice job!

Will