IGNORED

What happened to Zhome.com????

Mike B

Registrar: ENOM, INC.

Dates: Created 26-mar-1997 Updated 10-nov-2006 Expires 27-mar-2008

DNS Servers: NS1.JURAI.NET NS1.COSANOSTRA.NET

I was referred to whois.enom.com; I'm looking it up there.

=-=-=-=

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about zhome.com

<a href="http://www.aboutus.org/zhome.com">AboutUs: zhome.com</a>

Registration Service Provided By: Active-Domain LLC

Visit: http://www.active-domain.com

Domain name: zhome.com

Registrant Contact:

Carl Beck *****@COSANOSTRA.NET)

When I tried to renew the domain name on-line - I received a message from the server that because a major VISA/MC data base was compromised - the transaction could not be processed. I was told to contact my VISA/MC provider to "unfreeze" the account.

I did that, and it took a couple days for them to figure out what was going on. VISA told me that the transaction was held, because payment was being sent outside the USA, and that they would unfreeze the transaction...

I'm not really sure now just what the problem was... but the domain's (both ZHome.com and Becksystems.com) were renewed. ZHome.com was renewed one day late - and that resulted in the domain name being automatically deleted from the DNS... I don't know how long it will take to get it reentered... then proporogate though the system - but usually it's at least 24 to 48 hours...

If it ain't one thing - it's another..

FWIW,

Carl B.

That's good to hear Carl. I immediately got an email from someone asking what happened to the paint code gallery (so people actually do look at it!) Anyway I was worried a cyber-squatter may have swooped in after it expired - they can offer the name back up for "sale" to you for tons of $$$ (happened to a friend of mine).

When I tried to renew the domain name on-line - I received a message from the server that because a major VISA/MC data base was compromised - the transaction could not be processed. I was told to contact my VISA/MC provider to "unfreeze" the account.

I did that, and it took a couple days for them to figure out what was going on. VISA told me that the transaction was held, because payment was being sent outside the USA, and that they would unfreeze the transaction...

I'm not really sure now just what the problem was... but the domain's (both ZHome.com and Becksystems.com) were renewed. ZHome.com was renewed one day late - and that resulted in the domain name being automatically deleted from the DNS... I don't know how long it will take to get it reentered... then proporogate though the system - but usually it's at least 24 to 48 hours...

If it ain't one thing - it's another..

FWIW,

Carl B.

Ever since the same thing happened to ZCCA.org, I always backorder my own sites just in case...

There have been cases in Fla where cyber squaters have been forceably removed from domains and had to pay punitive damages for what they bought to effectively kidnap. Because there is a presidence, maybe a trip to small claims court would get the transfer done if it becomes an issue. All that had to be proven was that the previous site holder had exemplory content investment in the site and that the name was integral to and thoroughly associated with the content, and that the current squater had essentially no actual interest in the site or name related content. I think we have proof of both. A link mill obviously is squatting on the site, and they are essentially empty space content wise.

Will