IGNORED

2008 Int'l Convention Sep 28 - Oct 3

TomoHawk

The only thing left needing attention or revamp is the judges! LOL

Really... What it means is that some judges know just about everything about every detail about every model & year of car, and others are less experienced or knowledgable. You get that at any kind of car show, especially if there is a volunteer judge that was 'pulled off the street at the last minute.' :eek:

BTDT (at musclecar "classic car" shows where an S30 is just some kind of foreign car :angry: )

AFAIK, One goal of the ZCCA software/website updates is to have a more centralized data system, so it will be easier to register for conventions, do the car show judging, and other stuff. That way, in stead of having one specialized computer for registration, one for the car show, etc., all you need is a few ordinary computers with WiFi, or a wireless phone/Internet card, or whatever to connect to the Internet.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

This in the noon e-mail. I can't get the link to work in a timely manner. Perhaps someone could help? This takes forever to load on my computer.

Award-winners from this year's convention have been uploaded to the website at the following location:

Here's a direct link to the PowerPoint with winners across car-shows, autocross, etc...

http://www.clevelandrockz.com/docs/ClevelandRockZ_Awards_Banquet.pdf

Thanks,

Christopher Karl

(Former) 21st Annual ZCCA Z Car Convention Chairman :-)

Event info: www.clevelandrockz.com

It loaded right away on mine Chris.

That said, I was a little disappointed that it only listed each class winner's name with no car info or photos to go along with it. There were only a few names that I recognized in such a way that I could picture their car in my mind. Otherwise, I really don't know which cars won. The professional photos didn't appear to have any names either, so that can't be used as a cross reference. When I took my own photos, I didn't take a close-up of the entry card. I wish I would have known and I would have done that.

It loaded right away on mine Chris.

That said, I was a little disappointed that it only listed each class winner's name with no car info or photos to go along with it. There were only a few names that I recognized in such a way that I could picture their car in my mind. Otherwise, I really don't know which cars won.

same here. i do remember charlie osbourne and his blue 240z. i thought he would win 1st. ( he ended up with 2nd) was first in stock the other blue car? (a 72 i beleive)

The reason there was no info on the cars in that document was because of the lack of information on the entry form. I don't think that anyone put more than, say, 'Tokiko springs,' or 'new carpet' on the car show entry form. The awards would've lasted hours more to have those slides up long enough to read. Also, since the the only picture of the car was taken besides the one by the main gate, they were not available until after the convention.

The reason there was no info on the cars in that document was because of the lack of information on the entry form. I don't think that anyone put more than, say, 'Tokiko springs,' or 'new carpet' on the car show entry form. The awards would've lasted hours more to have those slides up long enough to read. Also, since the the only picture of the car was taken besides the one by the main gate, they were not available until after the convention.

Understood TomoHawk. I'm just thinking that all of the cars were photographed, so the only trick would be to match the photos with the owners. Since the majority of the Z cars at the convention are owned by people we don't know by name, it's tough to figure out who's who. If they were all members of this board, it would be easy, but the majority were not.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, because I certainly understand the effort that went into the convention. I just think it might be something to think about for next year.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants!

How's this? Unknown from Indiana wins 1st Place Daily Driver, 1st Generation! I won't suck up any room with a huge picture, just the small one at the left will do fine. The Indy Z Car Club had three winners and one of those had his two sons there who both also won trophies as members of other clubs. And finally, one of the major 1st Generation winners of two trophies was also from Indiana, just not a current member of IZCC. All in all a great event for all the Indiana guys that made the trip. We had a lot of fun. Well done, ZACO! :)

Usually the winner is allowed to say his name and a short spiel, but with so many classes and winners for everything, it was decided to forego that for brevity.

I'll agree that it would be a good idea to get close-up pictures possibly during the show, and even interviewhe owners for the particulars.

I"m a member of this board, although I don't post very often, I was fortunate to win First Place in 1st generation Ultra MOdified and also Best of Show Interior and Engine. Hats off to the Cleveland club for an EXCELLENT convention. AL

post-2771-14150804987966_thumb.jpg

post-2771-14150804988185_thumb.jpg