IGNORED

The making of reproduction parts.

hls30.com

Jimmy,

Silicone and urethane molds, but Alumalite resin has proven to be far less than UV stable-for a garage queen it is fine, for lasting in a daily driver it just won't do.

Matching the grain in a mold is easy. For casting I prep the mixture and put it through 3-5 minutes of vacuum, I have yet to have an issue with pin holes, bubbles or cloudy clear parts.

I have a Shoptask 1720XMTC Gold with CNC added, and a gas crucible furnace setup for almuminum, brass and cast iron in 1 quart volume or a #3(if memory serves) crucible, though at the moment I have no time to use either.

I'll PM you, and we will have to talk.

Will

wow! You never cease to amaze me. Very ambitious project. One suggestion, the black plastic cover for the driver's seat adjustment lever, one of which I do not have.

Cheers,

Peter

p.s. No time for a little guy to be sick, just before Christmas. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Will,

I checked last night and the holes for the defroster and parking light switches on my early choke plate are just slightly larger than on others that I have. When I try to put the two blanking plugs in other choke plates they don't seem to fit very well. It would be easy to enlarge the holes, so I guess it would not be a problem. If you are going to make three versions anyway, then it wouldn't be an issue at all. It looks like I have three versions of the choke plate (the earliest with no "ON" lettering and the blanking plugs, one with a throttle opening the same size as the choke, and one with a much shorter throttle opening - about 1/2 the size of the choke). Are these the three variations you were referring to? Let me know if you want me to send you my early choke plate with the blanking plugs for you to reproduce.

-Mike

Will,

Wow. What a daunting list! Certainly looks to fill the void in available parts for Z restorations for sure--best of luck! I certainly hope I get the opportunity to buy some parts for my Z as well...

I may have the wrong part in mind, but (in reference to part #14 on the list) when I recently bought my new outside door mirror, it came with a gasket to attach between it and the door--is this the one you're recreating?

Thanks and Good luck,

Steve

Will,

I have a couple of new items for you to duplicate. :tapemouth I will see you at the meeting tonight so we may talk.

My biggest project for now is to try and find a way to duplicate the entire car in one push of a button. :laugh: So far the research from Star Trek is just not working out right. :stupid:

Hi Will, I think you are truly insane, however you will be a true Z Hero for this that you are attempting to do, and I hope yopu make a lot of $$$ doing it. Another item that you might consider would be the covers (R&L) for the reclining seat mechanisms. I got a new one for the right side, but the left one is NLA. I would be happy to send you the right one if needed. Let me know and I'll have it in the mail as soon as I can. The left one I have is partly damaged and there are no more mounting ears on it (which is the problem with those pieces), but I can send it along also.

Cheers, Mike