IGNORED

Embarrassed at the traffic light HELP

ZcarsRock

Dead is still dead, just don't take anyone else with you.

As for me I would much rather be on the track, but I cannot afford to cross all of the T's and meet all of the requirements to get there. I would love to be bumper to bumper and fender to fender at 180+. Bring on all those big names, Rick Meers, Mario , whoever.... It would be a dream come true to match skills with them. Lets race and may the fastet win.

But I may not ever do it who knows. for now it's just more wishing for an ureachable track. Now I've depressed myself, damn.

I live about 40 minutes away from the Daytona Speedway. They have these classes you go through and then they let you run around on the track.

I could see doing that but I have been in a car that reached 155mph. Call me a wuss or whatever but I really have no desire to go any faster than that. A whole new ball game at those speeds.

Weird though the Blue Angels are based right around the corner and that is something I would love to do. Go up in one of those bad boys. Something like 500mph or whatever ungodly speed they fly at.

The best Ive been to is around 165mph... But not in a Z. I had this really cool $300.00 300HP '64 Baracuda (not stock) that had very long legs. Yep those were the days 18 years old three bald tires and 160= mph. Wonder I ever got to twenty let alone 47. But what a rush. Things start to tunnel out around the edges about that speed, 200= must be a total mind bender. But I digress into too much fun attitude again.

Just remember be boring....be boring... be boring.... Ahhhh there thats better. Valium anyone hahahahah.

bye

To the guy thats always ragging on me about my wal-mart purchases....I also go to AutoZone. I saw some really nice Bosch plugs(They had 4 heads to be gapped.....looked pretty cool Are they? keep up the comments about racing and such, seems a pretty touchy subject.

Tony

Don't know about the New bosch.... I have used the older ones with one one electrode.. They are OK. I have heard plenty people say they stink too. I am currently using platinum autolites. they seem ok also. I do believe that NGK makes a good plug but some of these guys think you cant make the car run without them. I just couldn't find them locally, so no big deal. I'll use something else. Car seems to run OK , but what do I know? I can say when I first changed from champion to the older style of Bosche I noticed a definate improvement in the midrange. The Champions must have been misfiring under load. I have not run Champions in years. But you know what??? I'll bet some one out there thinks they are the best too.

Who knows.

yea, I saw the MTV thing also and could have sworn I saw a Z. Good to see I was not just dreaming in Z again. Yes, I thought the program was very imformative, though I didn't see much of the carnage that you would expect to see from the sideafect of streetracing. Seemed to me like a more romaticised version of the whole experience. Anyway, my 2 cents

Just for my information, what is the difference between street racing and a fast take off from the lights? Heaps of times I've stuck the boot in at the lights to beat someone but tapered off around the limit or thereabouts.

Does it become street racing once you are travelling more than twice the speed limit? or what?

In most places the cops will say "booting it at the light" is racing if there is more than one car involved. before you reach the limit there might be some question. at twice the limit, not much. The key pooint is more than one vehicle. If you are all alone, then your just speeding.

When I was 17 (now 47) I received an "Exhibition of Speed' ticket for burn out. The sad thing was that car was a 1966 Dodge Coronet slant 6 with "3 on the tree" and the only way to "burn out" was to break it loose in a puddle of water! ROFL

Regarding the Florida ticket for revving your engine sound a little like a free speech issue, in that you have not committed crime only told the world that you are thinking about it! An example would be if you got out of your car and starting yelling that your car was faster than the other car! Just give it sometime one day a lawyer in his BMW is going to get ticked for revving the engine and we will see this on in the papers as it makes its way up the legal system.

Every once and a while the bureaucrats that are protecting us from ourselves need to be set back a step or two.

An example in California was the DMV decided that all cars coming into California that were not original purchased in California had to pay a $300 environmental fee! Even if it had all of the California smog equipment. :stupid: Well it happened some got pissed and it when to court and now the state is paying back the owners.

OK down off the soap box