IGNORED

Where are the girls??.

1 Bravo 6

I took the above comments as offensive. There are more ladies interested in these cars but, most have been offended often enough that they are either under ground here or use different methods to get the information. We would not let this behavior go in our living rooms why in a public forum. As Al said above most of them know more about these cars then the offensive posters.

a7dz - partially agree - these are car savey women. However:

Micheal - you read that the same as I did.

I agree that we have to reread and occasionally edit our input to ensure we are not indecently offensive. When reading threads we also have to be cautious that we are not kneejerking at every appearently off colour remark. It gets slippery pretty fast.

The vast majority of our members are decent people if the comments are off colour - chances are it's a miscommunication or misinterpretation. It seems pretty rare that there is a blatant intentional rude comment.

I have made a couple of iffy ones. They were intended to be light, but they may not have been taken well.

Dade280 may be getting shinned because he forgot the smiley face.

Rick;

When 13 out of 18 members on this post are against the behaviors that started this post. How can you believe it is okay? Sorry I am not buying it. You can dress it up any way you want it is still uncalled for and the community as a whole is loosing out on car savey information. This is one of the best forums lets keep it that way. All should feel welcome here and that just is not the case.

Jim,

Note that I came out hard (and early) against the comments by full house. Simply not acceptable and there is no place for them on this board.

My comment above relates specifically to Dade's post which I simply read differently. If he intended other than in jest, I agree with you completely.

I think Rick is expressing the same point of view that we need to ensure we evaluate posts to try to understand what people were trying to communicate. I often post comments in jest which I hope aren't misconstrued but I'm rarely trying to be sexist, homophobic, racist, etc. (Sometimes I might express the odd anti-american sentiment, but hey, I'm a proud Canuck LOL).

LOL if you took my comment the wrong way you spent WAAAY too much time overanylizing it. It was a simple reply to where all the girls are, my stomach is where.

Funny how i make a simple joke about eating people and you take it and twist it into something that has nothing to do with anything. If anyone's mind is in the gutter its yours. Maybe you should stop thinking everything has a sexual undertone and take it for what it is.

Interesting. I took Dade's comment as a tongue-in-cheek joke. One of the problems with text based communication.
Dade280 may be getting shinned because he forgot the smiley face.

Maybe you are both right; Though, I would ask myself what value is it adding...

dade280's comment aside, this should be a Z-centric website that is friendly to anyone who has an interest in Z-cars. So, while it is clean 98% of the time, we still have the occasional Neanderthal comments about women. That 2% stands out to anyone who visits, and it reflects poorly on all of us.

Let's clean it up so everyone feels welcome and comfortable in our little Z world.

If we keep it clean, we won't have to ask where the 'girls' are. They will be here enjoying their Z's right along-side us.

Al

Wait Wait Wait Wait!

I thought Full House was the supossed offending member not

Dade240.

Lets not get so upset we get the right names confused while typing.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong here....

I repeat this just incase !

~Z~

I am embarrassed and ashamed that we allow comments like those from dade280. Allowing these posts suggests that this behavior is tolerated.

This is where the discussion shifted to Dade, if he actually meant Full House, we've been discussing nothing for the last few posts...:stupid: