IGNORED

Want to build a high performance L28. Advice needed

Diseazd

I am looking to build a high performance motor for street use to be installed in my 71 240 resto project.

I am on the East Coast and am thinking of possibly building a stroker motor.

What year and type of block/head would be best for this? I want to use the L28 and am considering triple webers, cam, etc. Any insights and advice would be much appreciated as well as some direction on where the best place to get said parts would be.

Thanks in advance,

Guy

What Xray said gives you a basic stroker set up. You can use the the other L28 block as well. But depending on what you want and how much cash you have, you can have a range of stroke and bore combinations/ non OEM rods and pistons to accomodate and some in depth machine work. But what ever you decide, do as much homework on this as you can. There is plenty of info out there.

best option for that price range for HP per dollar will be a V8 swap.

I was quoted $3500 for a N42 ported and new cam to drop onto my F54 block, then would need to add triples to that to get north of 200RWHP.

$4500~ for 200hp. not a good value IMO. For $7-8k I can drop in a carb'd LQ4 6L V8 and 6spd tranny. 400+HP more reliable, more streetable and more torque.

With performance it's- cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two.

I would highly recommend Rebello for an L6. I've emailed them back and forth a couple times on building an engine for me. Pretty much you tell them what you want out of it and they will build it.

If you're looking for all out power and don't care about "purity", then go with the V8. You'd have to build an all out racing L6 for the power you can get out of an stock LS6 engine.

Remember, you should upgrade your rear end when putting down that type of power.