Sign in to follow this  
deadflo

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

as rough as mine is right now,(driver's mirror busted off,bad paint and such) i even got a nice car comment while filling up and a i haven't seen one of those in years. i said thanks, and this one will be 34 next February.

Both my Z's and MGB get attention (except from 350Z's!) around here. Just Sunday had the yellow Z out and was shopping with the wife and as we parked, some guy walked over and starting checking out the car. We ended up chatting for about 15 minutes until his daughter came over to get him, he had owned a 240Z before and had the usual nostalga thing. The week before, was at a drive thru with the lime Z and the young girl there said she loved the car, and asked about it. :classic:

I have to drive my z on my days off because i get pulled over by local pd because they want to talk about the car. i don't mind really, just gives me a chance to show off my baby. it never fails when i get gas, or go to a grocery store someone always notices the z LOL.

That's happened to you too????? That's awesome. I got pulled over a few days after I got the car with no plates and all he wanted to know was "what kind of car is that?"

It seems like everytime I take the car out, some one notices. Sometimes they're young kids, sometime they're older people who remember the car. Being that rust thrives up here in nw Indiana, there aren't many classic Z's left. So people get excited to see them. It seems the car is well recieved by everyone. The only semi-negative thing someone has ever said was "Little-miss-trying-to-be-a-Porche" And I told him I got rid of two of those cars for a reason.

Well, with a '66 E-type parked right next to my 240Z, it doesn't even get noticed in my own HOUSE let alone around the neigborhood.

Like ZBane, I live in an upscale community - a few Ferraris, some old 'Vettes, oodles of AMG Mercs, etc. If I pull the Jag out, the crowds literally flock. If I pull out the Z, I may get a look, that's it.

Doesn't matter much to me, I love the car no matter what!

Since I just bought mine, and haven't driven it yet, I don't know how people on the street will react. But I can tell you, I never, I mean never, see any S30 Z's around here. I drive alot for work, all around Boston, RI, CT and I bet I haven't seen an S30 on the road in 10 years. Not too many of them survive the New England winters. Fortunately, mine was a garaged, nice-weather only car, and survived just fine.

I did get comments from 2 different drivers when I trailered the car home. The ride was about an hour, in bumper-to-bumper Boston commuter traffic, and a older guy in a semi asked if it was for sale, and a young guy in a VW asked what it was, he'd never seen one before.

And every friend around my age (38) who comes into my garage, can't believe their eyes.

No doubt, these cars turn heads, even standing still.

I get comments while gassing up - "I love the lines of the older sports cars. All of the newer ones all look alike."

But while driving around here (Houston) no one seems to take note. Probably because they're busy watching the other three lanes of traffic, eating fast food and talking on the phone all at the same time!

And don't even get me started on (most of) the 350z drivers. I've tried waving to them and they look at me like I've just run over their Yorkshire Terrier.

Well, with a '66 E-type parked right next to my 240Z, it doesn't even get noticed in my own HOUSE let alone around the neigborhood.

Like ZBane, I live in an upscale community - a few Ferraris, some old 'Vettes, oodles of AMG Mercs, etc. If I pull the Jag out, the crowds literally flock. If I pull out the Z, I may get a look, that's it.

Oh the E-Type. I met a brown one once and fell in love!!! That's almost what happens when the Delorean comes out. She draws a crowd almost instantly. But still, I get almost as much attention in the Z. However, we live in a small town about an hour south of Chicago with a population that isn't exactly rich. So when people see something other than a Dodge Neon, it makes them happy.

mine only has 7,909 miles.

1/500 made

Yeah, the one with the magic odometerROFL

Posted by you on 07-19-2007, 05:37 AM

i agree

but this one is still in pretty good shape.

8,817 miles.

GO AWAY!!!!!!

most of them wouldn't want to pay the price for a really nice classic z car though.

they sure are a lot of fun to drive and are very fuel efficient too!

km or miles?

Those would be miles, according to you as you stated on 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM:

9000 miles
    So, how did it go from 9000 miles August 6 to 7909 miles on November 8? Did you use a flux capacitor?LOL

most of them wouldn't want to pay the price for a really nice classic z car though.

they sure are a lot of fun to drive and are very fuel efficient too!

There's a lot of truth to what you say. I've watched all of your eBay non sales over the last few months and no one seems to want to pay the price for yours. Okay guys, I'm done. He's back on my ignore list. I just thought I'd take a look at his post and see what he could posssibly have had to say since the last go round of rolling mileage updates. And I do mean rolling! Rock on, 280zx10!

sorry about the rolling posts

i didn't realize you were the moderator too, sorry blakey!

now i know why you were always on here, i apologize for everything!

We've got a couple guys like 280ZX10 on my softball league website. Snipers...sitting back throwing in the 2 cents, just to stir the pot. Seems like a lonely existence.

It's okay. Like I said, he's back on my ignore list so I can't see nor do I really care what his answer(s) are.

Those would be miles, according to you as you stated on 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM:

So, how did it go from 9000 miles August 6 to 7909 miles on November 8? Did you use a flux capacitor?LOL

My flux capacitor must be broken...

That's happened to you too????? That's awesome. I got pulled over a few days after I got the car with no plates and all he wanted to know was "what kind of car is that?"

It seems like everytime I take the car out, some one notices. Sometimes they're young kids, sometime they're older people who remember the car. Being that rust thrives up here in nw Indiana, there aren't many classic Z's left. So people get excited to see them. It seems the car is well recieved by everyone. The only semi-negative thing someone has ever said was "Little-miss-trying-to-be-a-Porche" And I told him I got rid of two of those cars for a reason.

LOL glad i am not the only one. I bought my z from a local in town so it's not like they haven't seen it in town before. It still doesn't stop them, oh well it must be that blue color that attracts them:p

I live in San Diego, Calif. In my neighborhood I am known as "the Z family". In the last 6 years my husband and I have owned 7 Z's. 3 for parts and 4 forr the road. The '73 240 screamed. Previous owned had a "cherrybomb" on the end of the tail-pipe. Over 100 decibles. The guy next door hated it. Sold it. My '74 260 was my workhorse. That car would drive me to hell & back. 280 head, 280 block, 240 SU's( the good ones) and all the power I would ever need. Sold her.

Now the '77 I am selling has more power than I can use. She is like right off the showroom floor. A little over 47,000 original miles. She is what we call a "low flyer". 135 so far(up hill and picking up speed).

And last but not least my '75 280 Z is my beauty. I named her "Car-Car".

She is the best of them all even with the Toyota Gray paint. I can take her into a 45 m.p.h. turn at 100 + and she won't budge or squeal. She hugs the turns just like I hug my pillows! LOL!!!

She always turns heads.

Stacey Pike- Cornish

"Drive Fast- Take Chances"

San Diego, Calif

You can hear my car looooooong before you see it. Most of the time, people's expressions read something like, "Where the heck is that airplane going to......oh."

Since I got the car out of the shop last week, complete with the new pipes, I know what you mean. The sound gets them first. Now, with my shiny new paint the car gets noticed a LOT. Before, with the drab, faded silver paint & stock exhaust, I got about as much notice as I did driving the Corolla...

I have got compliments almost every day since I got the car out, be it a simple thumbs up (several), or getting chased down and gawked at by the ricer boyz in their Civic (Weds.), or having a MILF in the a brand new Mustang GT roll up and tell me how nice my car looked and how she had a '78 herself (yesterday).

Life is good ;-)

I better get ( another) new exhaust! LOL

I can barely hear mine inside the car, and not at all with the window up and the radio on. I gotta look at the tacho, and pop the throttle, to see if the engine is on. I'm not sure that with the exhaust so quiet, I won't be allowed to go on any car cruises with the musclecar people.

I better get ( another) new exhaust! LOL

I can barely hear mine inside the car, and not at all with the window up and the radio on. I gotta look at the tacho, and pop the throttle, to see if the engine is on. I'm not sure that with the exhaust so quiet, I won't be allowed to go on any car cruises with the musclecar people.

HaHa!!...Reading this reminded me of when I was 16 years old. My dad gave me the money to put a new exhaust system on my '52 Ford. It was too quiet for me so the next day I put an ice pick to good use. Dad wasn't impressed to say the least.:finger: