IGNORED

Cars crushed in street racing crackdown

sblake01

And if you still feel it doesnt matter if the person got the part back would you mind everyone just running around stealing radios and various parts from your and other cars never to get them back even if they were found?

If it were located I'm sure you would want them back and probably sell it if you replaced it. Almost like getting into an car accident hurting a body part getting it taken care of through insurence, but not sueing, although I'm sure many would sue for more money if they were seriously hurt...no? Even if things were fixed; so it DOES matter.

For us, getting that right serial numbered makes a diff. Sure, people should get an option to reclaim their property. Some property can be sentimental and ought to be returned to the PO. The vast majority of the things stolen in this case would be intangible to the PO however. Most new Acura owners etc don't want to be bothered with getting the serials right. They just want a functional car and no bothering with trucking an engine into their studio apartment. Once you've been stolen from your memories are tarnished to a place/item. There's no taking it back. Getting an out of crate engine for your three year old Acura may not be such a bad deal tho.

As mentioned before it is wacky Cali laws that we are dealing with here. This sort of thing should be reserved for specific cases IMO. Remember that driving privs are not a right. They could just as easily take them away for life. Then you're really screwed.

Jimmy-i grew up in CT.(Down the road a piece from Bob Sharp back in the good ol days:knockedou)Then i lived in Redondo Beach from '86 to 2000.So i know what the deal is.

What bums me out is people who just roll over an stick their asses in the air and tell the government:It's o.k.-come "do me".And the really sad part is they think nothing is wrong.:eek:

And you're right,Arizona's a bitchin' place.But when the wind blows hard from the west,you can smell the stench of the peoples republik of Kalifornia:mad:

What bums me out is people who just roll over an stick their asses in the air and tell the government:It's o.k.-come "do me".And the really sad part is they think nothing is wrong.:eek:

And you're right,Arizona's a bitchin' place.But when the wind blows hard from the west,you can smell the stench of the peoples republik of Kalifornia:mad:

Like good little cellmates they complain a little at first then just roll over. They must smoke some really good Sh$t to come up with some of the things they do.

Drove from Vegas to the Grand C. What an awesome drive!

The smog at the Canyon was a real bummer. At least it helped me realize why they have stricter emmision laws in Kali.

Later

Jim

Fun in my Z-please come back and join the conversation when you know how the laws/constitution work.You observation is more at home in Germany circa 1936 or China today.

Jimm-New Jersey also has no self-serve stations.

Just for a little fyi.....I'm a student of law. I do have a right to my opinion, if you dont like it then you can leave

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care whether a street racer's car is crushed or sold. The important thing is that, one way or another, they lose their car. (Preferably not as a first offence, .. give them a chance to see the error of their way).When I see on the TV news an item showing a police raid on a street racing venue, and see the complete disregard of police authority by the racers, goading and verbally abusing the officers, (who are only doing their job); and then hear of some young fool who losses control at high speed and kills not only himself, but three or four of his mates as well; or that some unfortunate innocent person gets creamed by a speeder, then I'm quite happy to see road terrorists loose their cars.

Rick.

:devious::devious:

Z Train - Hold on, I'm on your side. I just thought that I would add another angle to the discussion that had not been introduced yet. Yes, this is outrageous from many angles. How can the "officials" justify destroying property which belongs to, in some cases, a third party who is expecting those same "officials" to attempt to recover their lost goods? It's like being robbed and when they catch the thief, they burn the money!

Just for a little fyi.....I'm a student of law. I do have a right to my opinion, if you dont like it then you can leave

Oh,great we have Johnny Cochran Jr. here.Get ready to fail the bar exam.ROFLBecause you don't have a clue.For starters look up"intent" as related to homicide.

When codified law invalidates your opinion,you forfeit the "perceived right" to it.And just so we're clear on this,laws in ALL fifty states say otherwise when it comes to your "murder" comment.:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

Z Train - Hold on, I'm on your side. I just thought that I would add another angle to the discussion that had not been introduced yet. Yes, this is outrageous from many angles. How can the "officials" justify destroying property which belongs to, in some cases, a third party who is expecting those same "officials" to attempt to recover their lost goods? It's like being robbed and when they catch the thief, they burn the money!

No worries..But your post was a little .....unclear,shall we say?

Thats Great, Now I have to take up Law just to drive down the street,... THYANX !

We can always do away with it (Law that is), institute Anarchy,

paint all the cars Black and live like Mad Max.

Think about it, everyone would have Blower Motors :D

~Z~