IGNORED

Hands up who's in Perth (or Australia...)

halz

I would like some more info on this dash restoration. If there is someone in perth doing it it is going to make life a lot easier. Plus the more we can support locals who work on our old cars the better for us.

Does anybody know of anywhere you can get fenders from???

Happy new year all.

Hi All,

Lee - i am not sure if the old skin was taken of or not (havent had a proper look!) but i know the process involves shrinking some new material over the dash after all the cracks have been replaced. By cap, do you mean only the top was done?

My dash was completely recovered, top sides etc. Maybe you can drop around and see it for yourself and then make a decision if this is what you are after. I think there is some money to be saved by going local, another friend of mine had his 260Z dash done by the same guy and it turned out perfect too.

Send me a PM and I will give you my mobile # and we can organise a time for you to see the dash and my car.

Here are the contact info for the trim shop that I used (this is not the dash guy but I went through this shop to get the whole interior done, so the owner of the place will be happy to organise it for you guys)

Trim Care - Owner Peter Mitchell

U3/233 Bank Street, Welshpool Ph. 9470 3381 Fax. 9470 5542

Hope that helps,

Cuong

I think there's 2 ways to repair the dash cracks.

The simple way involves filling the cracks and smothing out the ridges caused by the cracks, then vacuum moulding some new vinyl over the dash.

The harder way involves removing all the old vinyl and repairing or replacing the foam padding, then vacuum moulding some new vinyl over the dash. I think thats how dashboard restorations do it.

I want my Dash done too. Maybe we can all get together and do a bulk order and get some sort of discount.

hi guys

just puttin my hand up as one of the melbournian zedders! yeay

my 0.2c on the z rarity? Bloody rare, one might say rarer than a raw steak? LOL

I spent over a year lookin at zeds to find a good one. I have been all over the joint, willianstown, lara (where I bought my first z, a dog) donvale, carlton, etc. all over the joint.

In my travels I have seen a heap of dogs, with alot of owners descriptions not matching the actual product. The classic line of most? "just needs a tune up" Needing alot more than a tune up.

I also picked up an original service manual used by the dealer service centers for the 260z in my serach, for nothing. Which is good.

I havent seen a 240 in the flesh yet, not only can I not get out to them quick enough half the time, most are out of the price range, 5-7k+ so yeah.

I was thinkin about joining the ndosc but hasnt happend yet

While I am in the aussie relm if anyone around has a drivers door for a 260 2 seater let us know.

cam

finally found z one

'77 260z (L28 about to go in)

79 alfa gtv (DD)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok Perth people, and all other aussies and kiwis, time to register your car details on the Australian and New Zealand Internet S30 Register.

Be as detailed as you can.

We are looking for:

Model eg 260z

Compliance Date Month / Year - Its stamped on the compliance plate

Chassis Number also in the compliance plate, Nissan ID Tag, and on the firewall above the brake booster.

Original Engine Number (on the id tag fitted to the chassis strut tower)

Current EngineNumber (engine has been swapped you can enter for exampleRB26-whaterver and leave the L selector blank if you dont have a L series anymore) .

Original Gearbox (if known, manual/ auto)

Original Differential R180 R200 (if known, probaly the same as the one thats still in there)

Paint Original Code (if known, was on a sticker just infront of the radiator)

Current Colour

Interior Colour

First Name

Surname

Email *

City/Suburb *

State (if in Australia)

Country

Postcode *

* These details are kept private.

Register you car at www.wazcars.com/index.php?action=anziregister anc click the Register Form Link.

We are also interested in cars that sadly are no longer with us. If you have details of a written of S30 Z please enter them on the Deceased Car registeration form.

See the Current Stats www.wazcars.com/index.php?action=viewregister