IGNORED

Hagerty Ins. ?

TBK1

I've never thought of Hagerty as restrictive? They do not have any mileage limits, and as long as you're driving your car for pleasure (because you want to - versus because you have to), there are no issues. Also, you must have a garage to keep the car in.

Also, "stated value" does not guarantee you would get that amount for your car were it stolen or totaled, whereas agreed value does? Exerpt from the following site: http://insurance.families.com/blog/actual-cash-value-stated-amount-or-agreed-amount (note: one of several that come up in a quick google search with this same information)

"Stated Amount or Stated Value This policy is often misunderstood, and frequently used for collector cars. Most insurance agents represent stated amount or state value policies as being the same as "Agreed Amount." It is not!

A "Stated Amount" policy usually says the insurance company will pay the lesser of: The Stated Amount or The cost to repair the covered auto not to exceed the "Stated Amount" or The "Actual Cash Value"

The "Stated Amount" helps determine the premium cost but is no guarantee of the settlement amount of the car if a total occurs. The "Actual Cash Value" is explained above and allows the claims adjuster to determine the loss often for less than the "Stated Amount". Most insurance agents are not aware of this claims detail. Many agents, unaware of the actual policy language, will insist if your collector car is stolen or totaled, you will receive the stated value. They are Wrong!

Agreed Amount or Agreed Value Policies are the only guarantee in writing of the amount you will receive if your car is stolen or totaled. There is no "Actual Cash Value" clause in the policy. The "Agreed Amount" policy says the insurance company will pay you, the lesser of: The "Agreed Amount," or The cost to repair the covered auto, not to exceed the "Agreed Amount".

With an "Agreed Amount" auto policy, your agent and you must agree together what the "Agreed Amount" should be before the policy is issued. The "Agreed Amount" should represent the true market value of the car at the time the policy is written. If the market value changes during the policy period, the "Agreed Amount" can be adjusted to reflect any market changes during the policy period and should be reviewed at renewal."

So, whereas your "regular" insurance company may give you a stated value policy for the same cost as an agreed value policy from the likes of Hagerty, you are not getting the same coverage!

• 1 month later...

I got Haggerty insurance in Feb 2008 and had to use it immediately. Their insurance not only covers the vehicle they are insuring but your daily driver. I'm impressed and feel they are a very solid company with excellent customer service. They even called me after the tow to ensure that I was OK and that everything was taken care of. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for insurance for their classic cars. You don't have to renew if you don't like them.

I am insured with them, too. They were great on the phone. I received a newsletter with a big purple Mopar on the front. Inside, there was a short column on the rising interest in collectable Japanese/imports. The z was featured. Very cool. Having Hagerty publish that article will help our z values increase. Have fun...

I got Haggerty insurance in Feb 2008 and had to use it immediately. Their insurance not only covers the vehicle they are insuring but your daily driver. I'm impressed and feel they are a very solid company with excellent customer service. They even called me after the tow to ensure that I was OK and that everything was taken care of. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for insurance for their classic cars. You don't have to renew if you don't like them.
I've been w/Hagerty for almost 10 years. They will cover the towing/roadside assistence on your daily driver, but they won't insure them. One of their stipulations is that you must have a daily driver that is insured by a regular carrier in order to have your classic(s) insured by them.

My wife is about to become an agent representing them. She will probably do a banner ad or something if that is available. I insure 2 Porsche's and a 240Z with them and I also could not be more pleased. There is no argument over what I say it is worth and I always get prompt answers to questions. Good solid advice. My wife will be a broker for them soon... That is her in that avatar...