IGNORED

Hagerty Ins. ?

TBK1

I've had my Z and my 320 pickup insured by them since 2002 and have no complaints. For the way I use the cars they're right for me. Neither of them are daily drivers. Car shows, weekend drives, and an lunch dates with my wife are their main use. We use Allstate for the daily drivers.

I have to ditto what the others have said. That being said, however, I 've had no reason to find out about their service...yet. They have been a pleasure to deal with on the phone and you can't beat the price. Remember the insurance is for low mileage use only. For a daily driver you need to look elsewhere. Cheers, Mike

Don,

Great company. I have both my 240Z & 280Z with Hagerty. You do have a few restrictions such as car must be stored in an enclosed & locked garage etc. Your son won't be able to drive it either.......

I hope Carl won't mind me posting this from Zhome. I saved it when I was deciding on collector car insurance.

I've been insured with the Hagerty Insurance Company for several years now. I can't recommend them highly enough! Their rates are always competitive and their service is top notch.

The Hagerty is the only Classic, Collectible and Special Interest insurance agency on our "Recommended Vendors" list. (takes over a hundred unsolicited positive feedbacks for a vendor to be listed there - the Internet Z Car Club's endorsement can not be purchased - as we take no commercial advertising, nor sponsorship from anyone ( the IZCC has been on-line since 1987 and always based on volunteer efforts freely given and information freely shared).

Having had all too many Classic, Collectible and Special Interest cars over the past 40 years... I have dealt with several Speciality Insurance Agencies.. and was usually satisfied with all of them. That was because I was comparing them to the normal Auto Insurance Agencies (which is a pretty low bar to meet - so to speak;-). In my personal opinion the Hagerty is head and shoulders above everyone else in their field. They are real Car People and they support our hobby with more than words...

The Hagerty was the first to recognize our Datsun 240-Z's for the true Classic's that they had become and the significant place in Automotive History they hold. As such, they were willing to raise the Agreed Values on these cars far in advance of any other providers I'm aware of; and to keep abreast of the current market values.

Of our 157 Original Owners of their Datsun 240-Z's - I'm not sure how many of them are now customers of the Hagerty, but I'll bet it is a significant number... for the Original Owners our 240-Z's are all but priceless and we all wanted to carry Agreed Values high enough that would assure our Z's would be restored to original condition if anything should happen to them... (instead of being totalled for some low ball figure) It was the Hagerty that was willing to work with us in establishing reasonable valuations at Agreed Values on our Z's.

Speaking of "happening to them"..... sad to say that in 40 years it was the Hagerty that had to pay out the first claim I ever had to file. Sad for them, GREAT FOR ME - the way they handled my claim - is the main reason I'm answering your Post. From start to finish the people at the Hagerty were simply wonderful...

You can get a quote on-line from their web site, http://www.hagerty.com/

You can e-mail: "Bob DeKorne" <bdekorne@hagerty.com>

Or just call and ask for Bob DeKorne - and tell him Carl Beck from the Internet Z Car Club said to say hello... (1-800-922-4050 ) Bob has taken great care of our Z Car People for many years... I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you.

You'll need some clear digital images of your cars, or you can mail hard copy...

For What It's Worth

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

A coincidence in that just today I got an email from Hagerty notifying me that my annual renewal was ready. Interesting was the below message advising me to consider increasing my declared value. I don't think this is just a ploy to troll for more premium dollars - I do believe that they are car guys providing advice about current and potential future market conditions. I've never had to file a claim but every contact I've had with Hagarty has been effecient - a first class organization based on my limited experience.

Thank you for choosing Hagerty for your collector vehicle insurance. Enclosed is your policy renewal invoice for the policy period July 05, 2007 to July 05, 2008. You’ll notice that we’ve included an option to review the insured value of your vehicle.

Most collectors realize that their collector vehicles are often appreciating assets. While Hagerty attends many major antique car auctions and events in order to stay current with market trends, we also recognize that no one knows more about your own collector vehicle than you do.

In general, the value trend in quality collector vehicles continues to be very positive, so we’d like you to consider the insured value of your car. We've made the following suggestion:

They then went on to recommend that I increase my declared value from $12,000 to $14,000 - for an additional $10 per year for a total of $164. Sounds pretty good to me...

Goose