IGNORED

Hagerty Ins. ?

TBK1

Timely thread, as I just sent in my app for my car, due out of the shop next Tuesday...$330/yr for 18k agreed value is more expensive than Grundy ($150), but the Hagerty benefits seemed worth the difference (50 miles free towing 3x/yr, for example.)

AND, you can do it all online, including uploading photos and insurance docs--very convenient--with (hopefully) quicker turnaround!

I have insured by them. Never been dissapointed.

They don't like it if you want to drive your car to work once in a while, even to show it off. Not sure what would ever happen if there was an incident, but it is rare. I have 1 Z insured with them and one with Safeco, so it can go to work when ever the mood strikes.

Timely thread, as I just sent in my app for my car, due out of the shop next Tuesday...$330/yr for 18k agreed value is more expensive than Grundy ($150), but the Hagerty benefits seemed worth the difference (50 miles free towing 3x/yr, for example.)

AND, you can do it all online, including uploading photos and insurance docs--very convenient--with (hopefully) quicker turnaround!

I'll bet you sent them your avatar pic too, right? LOL

I'll bet you sent them your avatar pic too, right? LOL

...That's the second time you've made fun of my avatarLOL ...but you bring up an important point.

Hagerty insured my vehicle for incidents during the course of restoration, so yes that pic as well as several others (interior, suspension and engine pieces) were emailed to them along with my DD insurance declaration page. They could easily tell that this was a high quality stock restoration (stock 112 lime color, not yellow chromate as you mentioned earlier:cheeky: ), and insured my car in its current state for 14,000. Once it's reassembled, some new pics and a phone call will get an agreed value of 18-20k, depending on how some comp sales pan out.

And all for $140/yr (not the original $340). Pretty good, if you ask me.

• 11 months later...

Just renewed my Hagerty policy. After completion of the restoration, agreed value was changed to $24,000. In the course of discussion I learned that for "show" cars (which I interpret to be non-driven high level trailer queens) they will insure up to an agreed value of $31,000.

My cost was $156 per year, with Hagerty Plus membership fee ($40).

Those of us just completing restorations should consider readjusting our agreed values, as insured values are climbing.

$0.02

I checked with them for my Triumphs and Datsuns, in all cases they were about the same cost as my local insurance company, without nearly the restrictions. With my local insurance company I can also give stated value (that they have to verify). Cost is around $200 a year for each of my cars. Only restriction is I have other cars as primary and drive less than 8500 miles a year.

I have a clean driving record and have other insurance with this carrier (Erie Insurance), so don't know if they give me a good rate for that reason. If you know you won't be driving much and will be garaged, Haggerty's is great as is Grundy, but would still shop first.

TRtom , Stated value and agreed upon value are two different things.

Agreed, I give them a stated value and then they send someone to look at the car to see if it agrees with my assessmet. IN the past the assessor is usually within $1000 of what I stated and since he comes to look at the car I can have a little influence over his opinion, better than taking photos and then mailing them to someone 1000 miles away.