IGNORED

So... guess what happened again?

KDMatt

WD-40 here. Works great on any adhesives that need de-adhearing!

Not necessarily the 40th marketed, just the 40 that was tested and worked. It was created by NASA and when they found out that the workers were sneaking home to use they realised they were on to something... according to the History Channel show that airs about twice a year.

Man, what is it with your Z and trees! Park it somewhere else, for god's sake! :D

Hey! Not my fault, it was in the driveway this time! :stupid:

Anyway, it sounds like 3 or 4 votes for WD-40 ... maybe with a dish-soap rinse... I have both on-hand, so I'll give that a shot.

Thanks everybody!

... let's hope that I don't have a third tree dilemma to deal with...

It was created by NASA and when they found out that the workers were sneaking home to use they realised they were on to something... according to the History Channel show that airs about twice a year.

Close but not quite right. It was actually formulated in 1953 by a 3 man team at the Rocket Chemical Company in San Diego. It was then sold to aerospace industries for use on rockets and such to prevent corrosion due to the weather extremes found at many launch and storage facilities. Many of the employees at these facilities were taking the cans home for use around the house. As a result of this, some years later in 1958, the product was put into aerosol cans and made it's way onto store shelves. Until this time, it had only been available for industrial use.

Close but not quite right. It was actually formulated in 1953 by a 3 man team at the Rocket Chemical Company in San Diego. It was then sold to aerospace industries for use on rockets and such to prevent corrosion due to the weather extremes found at many launch and storage facilities. Many of the employees at these facilities were taking the cans home for use around the house. As a result of this, some years later in 1958, the product was put into aerosol cans and made it's way onto store shelves. Until this time, it had only been available for industrial use.

Word. Either the History Channel put the info out wrong or I screwed up the details... My vote is for the latter :stupid:

Out of curiosity, how many trees are left near the driveway? Basically, what are the chances of this happening again?