IGNORED

Speedhut gauge faces installed, finally!

2003z

I think I got them about a year ago when they did the initial run. I wanted stock looking, but lighted dials. Just got them put in the car and working today. I do need to straighten out the speedo though, and I might need to paint the needles with glow in the dark paint, although you can see them in the actual car. I took all the stock lights out.

speedhutcr1.jpg

just went to their site, cause i really like the look. I can't find any 240z custom gauges? Did you have them specifically made just for your car? How much did they run you? Are they ungodly during the day? I just want a nice quite brighter gauge setup for my car at night. I want a somewhat stock look during the day though.

It is a little hard to navigate their site, but they have 2 sets, depending on what speedo you have. With the upgraded inverter, its just under $100.

You can get them with white illuminated indiglo faces or with designs, and with different fonts on the letters. Mine are reverse indiglo (just the letters/numbers light up) on a black background with a font very close to what came on the car, so during the day, they look 90% like stock. I wasn't into anything fancy, just being able to see the gauges at night.

0-160mph speedo page:

http://www.speedhut.com/el_detail.asp?catagory=DATSUN&auto_number=480&bhcp=1

10-160mph speedo page:

http://www.speedhut.com/el_detail.asp?catagory=DATSUN&auto_number=479&bhcp=1

Mike:

I too bought my set the middle of last year and have not yet gotten them in. I'm very glad to hear you are happy with the result. I should do mine this spring when the dash is out getting "fixed".

After doing the job, do you have advice or specific areas to watch that caused you grief that you can share to make my experience a little smoother?

Jim

I wonder if it's possible to install this using the standard rheostat location and knob? It looks like their controller has an on/off switch. Why would you need that?

Mike, it looks to me to be a switch to change color from blue to green. And the brightness rheostat.

Chris A.

post-5906-14150800293865_thumb.jpg