IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Hi Kats,

On the first page there are two interesting photos that you posted. Can you share more about the cars and activities?

The coloured photo seems to show a 510 with a RHD and LHD S30. The LHD seems to have unusual mirrors?  Typical LHD rear view mirror on door and two fender/wing mirrors. Do you know when and where the photo was taken and why the extra mirrors?

double mirror.jpg 

FYI: Here is another early LHD running in Japan in ~1969 but w/o the extra mirrors?

24-00 lhd in japan.jpg

What are the LHD race start tests for and when were they done? (One has hub caps, spoiler and antenna, the other is less endowed).

drag start.jpg

Thanks and best wishes in 2017!

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Blue, you inspired me , still a lot of home works need to be done but I did this today, Test drive in north america on you tube.

Much much better condtion than I used to show several years ago. This time the video was copied into a DVD.

Enjoy !

Kats 

Edited by kats
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today I took my 240ZG for a couple of ours to enjoy windings near my house .

At near the end of the driving , the shift lever did not want to engage , I found the clutch operating cylinder had a leak. 

I need to replace 11/16 adjustable cylinder.

Kats

IMG_8101.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8142.JPG

IMG_8151.JPG

• Like 4

Thank you moelk, this color , looked best in autumn and winter, surrounded by trees and mountains, I reallly think so. 

On the other hand, looked odd in summer beach with a surfboard !

I think it was a good decision that this color #116 maroon stayed in Japan. Would have not been pleased in California.

Kats