IGNORED

Scuff plates - steel or aluminium?

240znz

Attached is a pic of the plates. The centre hole is offset to the left on both plates and the thickness is approximately the same as the sill kick plates.

The curve is formed via a series of four folds spaced at about every 10cm. The condition of them is "mangled", the camera flash makes them look far better than they are.

They could be off anything.

Those bear a striking resemblance to early stages ofthe ones I have made up in stainless. I could post a picture, but only the background looks different.

Will

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know a good source for 1978 2 seater scuff plates. I found one source, it was a little expensive but not too bad. Courtesy emailed me saying that they are NLA. The reason I need a new set is because mine were steel...the reason I know; they are rusted bad. We just replaced the carpet with a Datsun Spirit 9 piece kit which I reported as awesome in another thread. I will post pictures for those interested. One observation is 240 scuff plates are still available but 280 are not.

Would you notice the difference? Did the nine piece carpet kit come with carpet strips that go under the steel scuff plates?

Sorry, but I am assuming that the 280z scuff plates are a little longer than those for the 240z.