IGNORED

New Club DVD!

hls30.com

Hey there Chrisa,

That's a very generous offer mate. Might total quite a few dollars though. As Will's efforts are for the benefit of all club members maybe there's another way around the problem of postage.

Perhaps we should seek donations from club members to offset the financial burden on Will instead. After all, he's already donating quite a considerable amount of his time to this project.

If, .. after covering the cost of all the postage, .. there were any funds remaining, they could be forwarded to Mike to be used in the running of the web site.

Wotcha think Will, Chrisa ??????

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Hey there Chrisa,

That's a very generous offer mate. Might total quite a few dollars though. As Will's efforts are for the benefit of all club members maybe there's another way around the problem of postage.

Perhaps we should seek donations from club members to offset the financial burden on Will instead. After all, he's already donating quite a considerable amount of his time to this project.

If, .. after covering the cost of all the postage, .. there were any funds remaining, they could be forwarded to Mike to be used in the running of the web site.

Wotcha think Will, Chrisa ??????

Rick.

Hi Rick,

I can imagine the time, effort and money Will has in this project and that's why I offered to pay the shipping. I thought it would help keep the cost of the final DVD's down a little. Maybe, maybe not. Even if Will has say ten packages to ship back at say $5 a box, we can all do the math.

Whatever I can do to help this site, its members and its projects, I will try and help.

You made some good suggestions Rick!!

Chris

G'Day again Chrisa,

I think it's significant that Will hasn't even mentioned the cost of return postage. That makes your offer all the more generous.

We all acknowledge how much time and effort Will's donating to this project but I notice that it goes even further than that.

Now, ....... Will's not the sort of bloke to blow his own trumpet and tell us all just how good he is, so I'll do it for him. Has anyone else noticed how many forums bear his sig as the Moderator ??????????. I checked through the forums from "Help Me" to "Misc", (13 or 14 I think, I get confused when I run out of fingers),ROFL and they all read hls30.com as moderator. Now THAT'S what I call DEDICATION !!!. I wonder when he gets time for his Zed ?.

I reckon he's owed a vote of thanks.

Thanks Will,

Rick.

Now before you guys go and get me knighted or set up for sainthood, lets not forget three things.

1) There are others who have done more for longer than I have, simply not as in the open. Mike for one, Carl Beck for another-I refer to both their sites when I get spindlepinned! Look in the archives here, every diamond was carefully placed by a member-what I do is a living and growing thank you to everyone who posts good info!

2) I love Zs-most of what I am doing here helps me as much as anyone else, I just choose to make those efforts help everyone instead of just me.

Generally, the first of anything takes the greatest effort-I know that first stuck spindle pin took more than all the rest combined.

3) I want to further the hobby. That was a large part of what prompted the new club DVD project. Almost every member stated with a car and then started looking for help-what better help than factory documentation-granted having a retired Datsun trained mechanic around is actually more help, but hey, even with that, I want to occassionally screw thing up on my own before asking for help, and the Factory documentation allows us all to be more self reliant, and not impose on the kindness of others except when zabsolutely necessary.

Will

Rick,

As you say, Will is a person who won't blow his own horn or think about his needs first he likes to help others before he does his thing. He is a great help on my Z car, and a very respectable person, he even helps run the local Z club here in Savannah, GA. He does need a big thank you.

THANKS Will

• 1 month later...

Hey Will I recently bought a 240z service manual on eBay called S30 Supplement Chassis Manual. It looks like it was published for the National Service Training Department. Do you need a copy of this for the club DVD project? The manual contains revised/updated service instructions to service manual #99999-20016 and includes information for R&R of the instrument panel, floor console [auto-standard trans]; the heat-ventilation system is fully documented; R&R of the console finisher, center instruments and radio; revised wiring diagrams. There is no date, but it references late 1971 wiring harnesses and shows pictures of early style consoles. This was the first time I had come across this manual. Let me know if you need/want this and I can scan it and send it to you.

-Mike

Will,

I'm a new member, found this thread last week. The DVD is a great project idea. If you're still collecting I have a few unusual items I can contribute:

1. The 72 transmission (F4W71B) FSM, Pub. # SM1E-4W7BG0 issued 15 October 71. It's a 22 page pamphlet covering the Z 4-sp and three similar transmissions, with a bit more detail that the tranny chapter of the main FSM.

2. The June 72 revision of the S30 Consumer Information pamphlet, Pub. # C13E-ALLMU0

3. The Datsun dealer list for North America, dated July 1970.

Yes sir!

Sorry about the delay in follow up, family was ALL sick last week, and over the weekend, I had to play catchup on all of the things that didn't get done!

I believe I pm'd you, I'll be in Waynesville over the coming weekend.

Will

I'll PM you again tonight..

• 4 weeks later...

DaveN just sent in copies of the items he listed above.

1. The 72 transmission (F4W71B) FSM, Pub. # SM1E-4W7BG0 issued 15 October 71. It's a 22 page pamphlet covering the Z 4-sp and three similar transmissions, with a bit more detail that the tranny chapter of the main FSM.

2. The June 72 revision of the S30 Consumer Information pamphlet, Pub. # C13E-ALLMU0

3. The Datsun dealer list for North America, dated July

Maybe over the weekend at Tampa, I'll have the chance to fully update progress on the project-I believe I have not listed a few submissions, and I appologize.

Will