IGNORED

?? White Interior

troubledz

Dean - You would be able to see the tell-tale signs, if the vinyl was changed out. My guess is, it was originally white. I can see your dilema (dogs & white vinyl don't mix). These days a white interior is even more stunning to me because of the rarity, and the ladies love it too, as long as it is clean. If it was mine I would go white, but I don't have a dog anymore. You can take precautions to protect it no matter what color you choose. Tough choice, you can't leave your best friend behind.

Moonpup -

I AM confused! That's why I posted here - I was always taken aback by the white headliner - it sticks out like a sore thumb against the black panels/vinyl. I agree it's not real easy for someone to swap out the headliner, but it's done, no?

As far as quality, the black pieces are of LESSER quality, which led me to assume they were older or "original" opposed to the white headliner which appears clean and without blemish. Further, I am missing the sun visors, implying they were removed to install the new headliner.:eek:

I make the assumption the interior was BLACK. But, I could be wrong, and I suppose there's no way to prove it.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter, as long as black is period correct (it is). But since I now know the car didn't come with a mixed interior, I need to get a black headliner (if that's available, I haven't really checked).

rdefabri

Sorry, I guess I just assumed when you were talking about the quality of the other pieces that you meant they were in much better shape that the headliner, not the other way around.

How about the roof supports on each side of the windshield? Is the vinyl on those white or black? If they're white, I'll stick with my previous conclusion. However if they're black, well.......your guess is as good as anybody's!

• 1 month later...
At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter, as long as black is period correct (it is). But since I now know the car didn't come with a mixed interior, I need to get a black headliner (if that's available, I haven't really checked).
I've seen replacement headliners at several vendors. One that comes to mind right off the bat is Too Intense.

Anybody have any off-white interior plastic pieces? I need everything but the tail light cover piece. thank you...

"Off-white" was 73 only I thought. 72s had white.

From Zhome:

1973 Exterior Color Interior Color:

Note B: USA: Canada

901 Silver Black Black

904 White Red N/A in Canada

918 Orange Black Black

110 Red Black Beige

112 Yellow Black Black (#112 aka: Lime )

113 Green Metallic Brown Brown

114 Brown Metallic Brown Brown

(#114 aka:CoCo Brown)

115 Blue Metallic Beige Beige (Note: A)

Note A: Beige for 73 was just off white

Note B: 1973 FMVSS requred Flame Retardent Materials

for interior vinyls.

1972 Exterior Color Interior Color:

901 Silver Metallic Red

904 White Red

918 Orange Black / White

110 Red White / Black

112 Yellow Black (#112 aka Lime )

113 Green Metallic Brown

114 Brown Metallic Brown

115 Blue Metallic White

Les at Classicdatsun.com has the plastic parts that you want. I had my 73 off-white interior car up there at his shop in Vista CA, he said no problem I think all can be had for $345 or something like that.

My car is a March 1972 creamsicle car. Orange on the outside and entirely white on the inside. I have never seen a car that was originally two different colors. My friend has a July 1972 Blue car and it is entirely white as well. As far as white plastic interior parts, I believe they are hard to come by. I see lots of Black for sale on E-bay never saw any white. I do not know if you can buy them after market, but maybe from Motorsport Auto? I look all the time as a couple of mine could use some help. Just my thoughts.:)