IGNORED

E88 not the best head?

71datsun240z

:cheeky: I could stand to lose a few pounds myself...

But serioiusly, I mentioned to my 300 pound 18 year old son one day that the two of us couldn't ride in the 240Z at the same time because the weight capacity of the car is listed as 420 lbs. His 300+ and my 200+ add to WAY more than 420 lbs...

In go-cart racing this is a major factor, because the minimum weight includes the driver... The less the driver weights, the more cool stuff you can add to the cart!

Some of us LOL would make the car faster if we just went on a diet.

(I am talking about me primarily...)

But the point Arne and I are making is that for people who aren't at the top (in cycling you start off at a level 5 in the US, I can't really say what I could equivalent it to for racing of Z's) it would make no sense for them to start off with a top end bike or the best of the best. I suspect for a general perspective of the Z members here 95% of us wouldn't notice or 'need' the change a head would have. For us it would be better placed.

Neither side of things should exclude the other IMO. Driving Schools (the good ones) aren't cheap either, and it is easier to learn to drive faster in a car that performs consistantly well than in one that consistantly doesn't.

One thing that none of us has mentioned is that some people just love to work on their cars and regardless of any possible performance advantages, they just "want" to tinker and make their car better in their own eyes.

"Different stokes for different folks." "Somebody has to win, and somebody else has to lose."

"Focker OUT!" LOL

snip ....

"Different stokes for different folks." "Somebody has to win, and somebody else has to lose."

"Focker OUT!" LOL

Well said .... two of my favorite quotes

"It matters not whether you win or lose;

what matters is whether I win or lose."

"Adapt, Improvise, Overcome"

No matter what I am buying, I will always research ALL the options myself before making a decision. In my case, I happen to have a line on several different heads so I want to make sure I purchase the right one(s) for my goals in the present, and possibly for the future as well.

Back when I was Category 4 (Crash 4) bicycle racer, it was always fun on training rides to pass riders on De Rosa's, Lightspeeds, Kestrel's, etc. while riding my ugly green and white Centurion Ironman. I would always say, "Nice bike!" as I went by.

Same is true racing 240Zs. At the Z National track event at WSIR back in 2004 the Rusty Old Datsun was faster then the Grand Am 350Zs, even with Art Singer from Sport Z as a passenger. After one of the sessions the owner of the two 350Zs came over to look at the ROD and when he saw it was a NA L6 he said, "Man, I would have sworn you were running a turbo."

There is some satisfaction to be gained by being succesful with equipment that everyone else says is junk.