IGNORED

280z worth $$$

Ramses

Hey,

A buddy of mine knows nothing about z's and has no inclination on maintaining it. When I first got my, '73 before the restore, we used to tool around a lot. Now his sits. He is not too pasionate about it, so he is thinking about selling it. It has not run in about 1 yr. I know all the things about getting it started. It has very little rust and used to run like a top. The interior needs work.

Now the question. What would a 1975 280z. Original - completely, not running, but I can fix. The AC works, or used to a yr ago. Did I say original - green, surface rust only. Should I pay him the $1500.00 he wants for it, or finish my '73.

I just need to replace all the steering bushing, install a radio in the glovebox, buy a speaker box for the back, buy all the rubbers for the rear bumper and install bumper, and fix the exhaust smell by adjusting the carbs. Then enjoy it more.

Chuck

Hrm, well if it truly is only a matter of a few simple fixes, perhaps you could go the route of buying it, replacing/refurbishing a few choice things to make her more "refreshed" and then reselling to recoupe your cash, and then some.

Z more, Z merrier. If you've got the cash, and can spare it, I'd go ahead and pick it up-better you (someone who will care for it/enjoy it) than some schlub who would abuse it. While you are enjoying the quick fix car, using it as your daily driver, you can focus on the details of your indepth restore.

• 5 months later...

Bump.

I was wrong. It is a '76. I am stopping by on Monday to help him get it started. He just got kicked out of his house by his ex and has no place to store it. After I finish my suspension (next weekend) I will be finished with my '73 and he said that he would accept $500 from me and only me. After next week I am going to buy this car and take it to my friend that has a body shop and start the refresh...I will probably just keep it for fun:)

Chuck

I would finish up your Z car. Use that $1500 to put into your car. If you get that 280z, that is -$1500 for your car, and then all the money that you get is going to be split between two cars. I know that if you have two cars, you are going to want to work on them both, and not just let one sit until you are completely finished with the other one.

Though if you have a lot of cash to throw around, then I would do it. I say no, because I barely have cash to throw around. It is more like throwing around a few pennies or something. Whenever I get my money for my Z car, my truck finds out and brakes, so I have to put that money into my truck instead.:cry: