IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

Sounds like Z-Car Source of Arizona and others have bought up all of the old Z-Cars out of the junkyards in the Phoenix area. I guess the only alternative is to buy from a private party on Craigslist, etc. Nothing like an S30 that spent its entire life in the Arizona desert....I absolutely love my rust-free example!

Yes. talked to a buddy of mine rebuilding a 260z convertible. Had one of the strut mount break and had to get one from Z car Source. They charged him $100.00. what a rip off.

Here's a CL ad for 13 cars soon headed to the crusher in Waxahachie TX. The yard is willing to sell any of them "as is" but is not offering any part-out opportunities.

Z cars for sale

Jim,

That's a lot of Z-cars! No 240Zs but as the seller's listing mentions:

"Collected them for a while but now want to get rid of them. They range from Datsun 260Z to one Nissan 300ZX.

Come and take your pick for $1,000 Some maybe less. Call 972-935-9242"

I'm sure the seller is willing to make a deal and a buyer could purchase a car for a lot less than $1k.

post-6600-14150824480456_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150824480589_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150824480811_thumb.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve

• 4 weeks later...

I visited the Pull-A-Part today on Buford Highway, looking for parts for my daughter's Camry when I spotted this 280Z. I was a little surprised because it didn't show up in their inventory. The hatch, inspection lids and some other body parts looked usable.

I also ran across a 1999 Kia Sportage and scarfed up two pieces of door weatherstripping for $2, plus $2 admission. I only found part of what I was looking for on the Camry.

post-19858-14150824756958_thumb.jpg

post-19858-14150824756408_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Jim,

That's a lot of Z-cars! No 240Zs but as the seller's listing mentions:

"Collected them for a while but now want to get rid of them. They range from Datsun 260Z to one Nissan 300ZX.

Come and take your pick for $1,000 Some maybe less. Call 972-935-9242"

I'm sure the seller is willing to make a deal and a buyer could purchase a car for a lot less than $1k.

Im headed there right now, just spoke with the owner, better move fast before they get crushed.

Robert

• 2 years later...

Are you a homicide detective by any chance? Sure is fishy, his last post was right before he went there. Next step is to look at satellite images for shallow graves? LOL

Edited by hr369