IGNORED

Junkyard & "Out to Pasture" Zs

lonetreesteve

This so-called '69 240Z looks like it's listed for sale at $1,100.00 (need to click on the 'Project Cars' link and go to 1969 to find the price). Obviously not a '69 and not even a Series I car for that matter. It's either got to be a Series II '71 or an early Series III '72 car, judging by the rear hatch glass with vertical defogger. Looks like she's out to pasture with a lot of other old cars that are for sale.

http://www.classiccarssite.com/images/RJ/RJ69Z2DRHT.html

post-6600-14150806740575_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150806740854_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150806741033_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

This little Z was rolling yesterday, today a pile of mangled flattened metal. Not even the vin or door plate was readable/locatable. Not that you can tell from the photo, but the sugar scoops are metal...

post-11908-14150807000512_thumb.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hey OverdriveX!!

Used to live in Belton before moving up to CT. You "ain't lyin',"

that Gulf Coast salt air can eat up a car almost as fast as road

salt up does up here.

Wanted to comment on our mutual interests: we also have a

14-month-old yellow lab female we will be breeding in a few

months. She has nearly 40 champions in her background, show,

field trial, 6 best-in-shows, her grandpa was a natl. champion..

This so-called '69 240Z looks like it's listed for sale at $1,100.00 (need to click on the 'Project Cars' link and go to 1969 to find the price). Obviously not a '69 and not even a Series I car for that matter. It's either got to be a Series II '71 or an early Series III '72 car, judging by the rear hatch glass with vertical defogger. Looks like she's out to pasture with a lot of other old cars that are for sale.

http://www.classiccarssite.com/images/RJ/RJ69Z2DRHT.html

You got it, that's a later '71. The flow-thru air outlets on the quarters

started around VIN #21000 (2/71), while the vertical rear window defroster went thru about VIN #60000, going to horizontal around 1/72. Could be a very late '71 build~very early 72 reg, but very low probability.

Ever see a former Airborne/Ranger cry? I did when I saw all those pix of Z's

on the junkpile, and even more when I heard that a lot were crushed. Up

here in the Northeast a lot of those would still be on the road, and you

seldom find one of any condition, however poor, in a wrecking yard.....

You guys west of the Mississippi have got it made, wish I was back in TX....

All Z Best,..................Ranger Rick

Edited by Kathy & Rick

Hey all,

Up here in Ontario, good luck even finding any Z in a u-pull yard, and if happened to call or stop in on the right day, get what can, cause by the next day it will look like pirranhas got to it. Many yards already have a "secret" list of names and numbers to call if one happens to come in, getting on that list is tough.

Back in the mid 80's I "had" a 74 260 (kicking myself now) and the u-pull had a whole section for Z's, I was like a kid at Xmas, a supply of fusible links that seemed endless(had an electrical issue).

Anyways, seems you have to be quick up here.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve, I want the "DATSUN" windshield tint strip!!! Hey Arne, cancel my order! LOL

Did you take that picture? Do you have a high res version of it? It would make a fun poster... I could take it out to the garage and threaten my Z, show it what happens to little Z's that don't behave... ;)

Hey Steve, I want the "DATSUN" windshield tint strip!!! Hey Arne, cancel my order! LOL

Did you take that picture? Do you have a high res version of it? It would make a fun poster... I could take it out to the garage and threaten my Z, show it what happens to little Z's that don't behave... ;)

No, I didn't take the picture. Here's where I found it: http://americandreamcars.com/1972240z100507.htm