IGNORED

My first Z car! 56k....you guys are still around?

Matches

the picture cracks me up too.

Looks like it could be separated at birth from Spot:

spot.jpg

oh and congrats on the purchase!

HAHAH that photo is so funny

Thanks guys for all the welcomes.

I have been finding time here and there to look over the car the last few days. It is is very good shape over all! The car had FOUR American flags stuck on it and I got them all off cleanly. Not that I have anything at all against Old Glory, but I really don't think the stickers looked good on this classic Japanese sports car.

I took her for a test drive before I bought it and all was well. So fun to drive. The next time I drove her she was having hesitation issues at low RPM. Every time after that it got worse and worse until yesterday morning she didn't want to start, stay running, or drive. Had to tow her to my brother's place where all my tools ( and project car ) resides. I thought it was the alternator. But upon closer inspection it was just the power wire from the alternator! Someone had replaced a section of it at some point with a tiny little 14-ish gauge wire and it had completely corroded. Simple fix, and she is running fairly well now. Low RPM issues totally gone.

The car has been sitting for 5 years so it definitely needs a tune up. No problem. As soon as I fix all the little things it will be time to start looking into a paint job!

I won't be posting a whole lot, mostly reading and searching this website. But I will absolutely keep you all updated with the progress on this car.

Thanks again, glad to be here and so excited to finally own a 240Z!