IGNORED

My first Z car! 56k....you guys are still around?

Matches

Yesterday I bought my first Z car! Unfortunatly I could not drive it away just yet because the car has not been registered in a few years and needs a few things before its good for the road. Insurance, registration, and an inspection. That will all happen first thing tomorrow and I will drive her away!

Because I don't actually have the car yet, the previous owners photos will have to do.

2891243490089029533EOzQGJ_ph.jpg

2322909850089029533rkkCes_ph.jpg

2463959310089029533UsIzJY_ph.jpg

2273220240089029533SKtFCA_ph.jpg

2423105540089029533hkOAPz_ph.jpg

2076113530089029533XDzqtW_ph.jpg

First things first. I need to get rid of those horrible Enkei wheels. The car comes with the original "slot mags" which look endlessly better. After that, the color needs to change. Its not a good paint job. I don't know when it was done, and I can't stand the color. The paint code is right on the radiator support and is #905 red. There are a few spots where you can still see the original color. The old paint looks great in spots like the spare tire well. Yikes getting the paint done properly will really cost me a lot! But I think it will be worth it. This is a fantastic car, and in really good shape. Build date 5/70, and the VIN is sub-50,000. Not the original engine either, previous owner never had it. So it is presumed lost. All I know about the current engine is that it has an E88 head. Once I actually have the car, I will hopefully be able to find out more.

Really excited for my first Datsun Z! Let me know what you guys think!

First, welcome, and very nice looking car! Looks like a great start.

Re: the wheels - first, they aren't Enkeis, they just have Enkei caps in them. Since the Enkei caps fit, that tells me they are actually Appliance Wire mags, which are almost as appropriate to these cars as the more common slotted mags. Lots of us (myself included) actually like them. So much so that I just bought a set for my car, which are even now at the polishing shop. I'd actually love to have those Enkei caps from yours...

Also, you mention that the car comes with "original" slot mags. While it is likely that the slots were installed by the dealer when it was new, they aren't truly "original" as the only wheels from the factory back then were narrow steel wheels with hubcaps. But slots were VERY common, so much so that lots of people assume they were "original".

Last - 9005 red looks really good when it's right. That's what color my latest one is, too. Here's link to a picture in my gallery to give you an idea.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23053&cat=500&ppuser=8596

Thanks for the welcome, and correct info. I obviously don't know a whole lot about these cars, but I will learn.

The wheels will go up for sale soon. The Enkei caps can go seperate or with the wheels.

Ooops yeah, sub 5000 vin. Dunno if that matters at all, but I just thought it was cool.

A/C is actually pretty nice. I think all it needs is a belt, and it should work. Or so I am told.

Thanks guys

A/C is actually pretty nice. I think all it needs is a belt, and it should work. Or so I am told.

Thanks guys

I'm an HVAC/MVAC tech. I've heard that line so many times...........Occaisionally, you do luck out but my take is that if it worked, the belt would be on it an it would be working.

I'm an HVAC/MVAC tech. I've heard that line so many times...........Occaisionally, you do luck out but my take is that if it worked, the belt would be on it an it would be working.

Oh yeah. good point. Oh well, I will get it going one way or another