IGNORED

240K with SKYLINE badge

skyc110

The badge design was changed along with all the other facelift parts , for every market.

Very curious "Skyline 240K GT" , do you have any old Sales Brochures or advertisements that show this car? In your area Bu Zamil, were these cars sold as Nissan or Datsun? If Nissan, these badge combinations would make more sense.

Knew about the facelift parts in Oz, just surprised that almost identical facelift parts were used in other markets.

That is apart from the obvious differences in the wording within the badges like 'Skyline' vs 'Datsun' and '240K GT' vs '240K GL'.

Not real smart if they wanted to have different identities in different markets - but then there is plenty to indicate that Nissan had an identity crisis in those years.

I assume that the earlier '73 & '74 cars had the short bar in the centre of the rear panel with 'SKYLINE' within it.

In your area Bu Zamil, were these cars sold as Nissan or Datsun?

NISSAN

but then there is plenty to indicate that Nissan had an identity crisis in those years.

(ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... identity crisis hooooo......)

this is the best description of what nissan datsun did with us....offfffff??

I can not imagine how much free time were the Japanese had to deal with

those minor differences

look at our 240K steering wheel centre cap (the letter S is in the middle instead of the D ) ummmmmmmm ok it is up to them!!!!!!!

http://00op.com/up/uploads06-10-25/a4e18af2da.jpg

If the car is badged 'Skyline' then it will have 'S' logos on the wheels and steering wheel, etc. If it's badged 'Datsun 240K' then it will have the 'D' emblems. I don't know what Datsun/Nissan's reasoning was but it depended upon which market the cars were going to as to what badging it would have.

There is no such thing as a '240K from the US'. Any 240K or Skyline that is here came from somewhere else in the world. The were never exported for sale in the US. The only one I've ever seen up close belongs to Mat (Mat Big Hat) who is a member of this site. Beautiful car in my opinion. He has aftermarket wheels. Not sure about what type of badge his steering wheel has. But is does have a 'Skyline' badge on the rear panel but it's different from the one you pictured.

post-3797-14150798731444_thumb.jpg

There is no such thing as a '240K from the US'. Any 240K or Skyline that is here came from somewhere else in the world. The were never exported for sale in the US. The only one I've ever seen up close belongs to Mat (Mat Big Hat) who is a member of this site. Beautiful car in my opinion. He has aftermarket wheels. Not sure about what type of badge his steering wheel has. But is does have a 'Skyline' badge on the rear panel but it's different from the one you pictured.

I noticed that the skyline in your picture has the reverse lights in the center,brake around the outside I take it, where as the one that 'skyc110' showed the reverse lights around the brake light like a normal 240K GL.

Also noted that the pictured Skyline doesn't have '240K GT' on the rear panel and presumably never did have.

The skyline badge would be interchangeable with the Datsun badge on the 240K GT and 240K GL by the look of it.

My assumpyion would be that the grille doesn't have a '240K GT' badge either.

Alfadog and some others can probably give a better idea of what Nissan called it other than a 'Skyline GT'. Maybe GT-X?