IGNORED

Mike, or anyone else

DatsunZsRule

Don't know what it means, really. I just checked the best and worst 50 reputations. You can be 'off the scale' or 'on a distinguished road' and be on either list. What I don't get is how the same person can be the sixth best and the eighth worst because that's what I saw comparing both lists. I don't show up on either list. Not sure if that's good or bad or if I even care.

In general I like this new feature. I see it being useful for filtering out spam. I currently add spammers and people like cardogman1 to my ignore list. I'm assuming that if enough people give a thumbs down to someone that the little green square will turn red or something. That will help identify people who should be ignored. On the other hand, there are plenty of people here who are always quite helpful and knowledgeable and I see this as a way to recognize those individuals. I don't think that post counts themselves really matter; it's more the quality of the posts that counts. I agree that the vague descriptions like "off the scale" or "on a distinguished road" aren't very useful.

What I don't get is how the same person can be the sixth best and the eighth worst because that's what I saw comparing both lists. I don't show up on either list.

My guess is that this feature is so new and so little used that the data just isn't valid yet. We might have 3 people with negatives and 3 with positives and 5000 that are neutral. In that case the top 50 or bottom 50 have no meaning.

I realize that people are probably concerned about the negative repercussions of a system like this. One way to avoid that is to only use it for positive purposes. The next time someone posts something that you think is helpful to you or someone else go ahead and add to their reputation. I often want to follow up a post with "Wow, that's good information" but don't want to clutter up the thread. This is a nice alternative.

• Like 1