IGNORED

got my seat rails!

khughes

It is tough to say for sure, and it may just be the angle that the photo was taken at, but it looks like the thigh bolsters are too high. I used Recaro brackets on my Z, and I had a friend use them in his Toyota truck, and we both had the same problem. The thigh part is so high that in my case it started to cut off circulation to my calves and feet and after about 20 minutes of driving they'd start to go numb. My friend leaned his seat back to compensate, and that wasn't comfortable either for me. He did OK with it, but I like a relatively upright driving position.

The solution I found was to cut the bracket and weld it back together at an angle, and run the rear mount as high as possible (mine had 3 adjustment holes). Here is a picture of how mine ended up. This was a big improvement and didn't take too much doing.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/seat2.jpg

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/seat3.jpg

i 've driven around all over town, and both the seat and seating position feel great

i've got tons of legroom, and that's hard to come by in most old datsun sedans

the car is real fun, (even with the stock motor and suspension), and people of all walks seem to love it

if i find my toes and calves numbing on a longer drive, i'll keep jon's mod in mind

but i don't know if it'll do much good as the c110 brackets are unique since the sliders are already welded to the brackets

plus headroom is already at a premium (for me at least!)

that's why i couldn't use the 510/z/universal style of brackets made in the u.s.

• 1 year later...

well, it's been a little over a year, and i've decided that the seats do sit too high and at too much of an angle :lick

i'm redoing the tranny tunnel, so i decided to cut off and remove the oem seat bracket mounts and remount the seats closer to the floor

a year ago, i would've sworn off any such mod, but the direction of this project has changed a bit :smoke: