IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

There was a Z on Chasing Classic Cars last night, which was a new episode. Wayne went to look at an old Mercedes 300SL and they mentioned the guy had a car collection and they zoomed in a on 240z(I think) and there was a ZX next to it.

I watched that episode last night too,,,I even had to rewind to get a second look. It was most likely a 70 or 71 Series I. And the other was def. a 280ZX.

• 1 month later...

Watching "Back to the Future" (1st one). In the begining scenes where Marty is skateboarding behind cars, there ia s red 240Z (with louvers) on the street shown twice.

Did a search of the archives but did not get any hits for "Back to the Future"

OK not a 240Z but a 280Z. Anyone watching Dateline tonight heard about the two brutal murderers, Ake and Hatch, that stole a Datsun 280Z from one of their home raid victims, and eventually used it to outrun Colorado police. Eventually, the car got stuck in the driveway to a Farmhouse, in the snow I think, where they were apprehended.

There is a movie coming out about one of the families that was victimized. I am not sure if they will re-enact the 280Z scenes, as that crime was committed years later.

Very sad story.

http://www.myspace.com/tarynmanningboomkat/blog/528987815

http://heavensrainmovie.com/

Edited by cygnusx1

• 5 months later...
I went to see "Cars 2" in 3D with my wife and 3 of our 4 kids last night and saw several 240Zs or perhaps they were Fairladys (since they were in Japan during this part of the movie), it was tough to tell especially wearing the 3D glasses!

Yeah man I saw them too! My wife thought I was going nuts because I pointed out every one I saw... pretty sure there were 5 seperate ones. I assumed they were Fairlady Z's as well ;)

• Like 1

In the movie Slapshot, there is a scene where the team is sitting aroung drinking, in the afternoon, at the local bar. Some of the guys are watching a soap opera on T.V. in the bar and in the soap opera, one of the characters mentions that some evil broad sold her boyfriends' 260Z (apparantly without his knowledge or permission.)