IGNORED

2008 Z Looks more like early ?

Mike

Hey, check out this article I found while at the gym. Does the 2008 350z have a longer nose or is it just that angle? In my opinion, the new design looks less like the toad everyone used to call it.

Oh, and the COLOR is absolutely mah-va-lous.... :)

-- Mike

post-4-14150798542807_thumb.jpg

Mike,

From what I can tell it looks pretty much the same with just a reworked front end. And from what I can tell that is just an artists rendering using the 35th anniversary model. Personally I like that front end better... maybe Nissan should hire that guy... And the color is all you!

Does the 2008 350z have a longer nose or is it just that angle? In my opinion, the new design looks less like the toad everyone used to call it.

-- Mike

I chose to be nice-at least it looks related to other 350Zs-"Toadesque" if you will...

Will

eh, I'm not too sure about the looks of this one either, it does look less like a toad but I dont know that it looks better or more like the origionals (I still think they should have called them 350ZX's). It still needs to be lighter smaller and handle better IMO!!! Thats my 2 cents......

I actually like the design of the 350, BUT I disagree with it being labeled as a "Z." The "ZX" moniker wouldn't do, either. It should be a completely different model line, since it shares nothing with any of the original Z cars, or even my ZX (which is at least shaped like the originals, and keeps certain visual links). I felt the same with the first series of 300zx's and most certainly the second gen 300. I must admit to loving the design of the z32's, but wish it were given it's own marque, one with which the 350's could continue.

post-11908-14150798545296_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150798545506_thumb.jpg

This may have been brought up before but I wish Nissan would have done the body lines more like BMW did with their Z4 Coupe. When I first glanced a side view picture of one online I thought of the early Z's.

bmw_z4_coupe_uff_400_07.jpg

OK... How about this for th pro-350 crowd (of which I am not)...

I read yesterday an article by a Boston.com car critic, that the S30 looks like a fish???

http://www.cars.com/carsapp/boston/?srv=parser&act=display&tf=/features/mvp/nissan/350z/350z_overview.tmpl

(5th paragraph)

But from the photos of the Z concept car. It looks more like a take from a Ferrari with the inset headlamps, the longer hood with the bulges, etc.