IGNORED

Laurel for sale in Idaho

Go240Zags

It looks like a one piece nose to me so I don't think it is a Nissan piece. They also state that it is a 70' which does not match the car. With the interior of a 76+ car and the fuel injection, I am betting it is a S31-ZT because it has the power windows. It would be a fun project if someone had the time and inspiration to take all of the rust out of the car.

-Ben

It looks like a one piece nose to me so I don't think it is a Nissan piece. They also state that it is a 70' which does not match the car. With the interior of a 76+ car and the fuel injection, I am betting it is a S31-ZT because it has the power windows. It would be a fun project if someone had the time and inspiration to take all of the rust out of the car.

-Ben

Looks like a 5 pieces nose to me, just painted all the same colour. The one piece noses I've seen dont have the join moulded in between the headlight bucket and center panel, where the join would be if it were a 5 piece. If you look at the photo, you can see the line.

Yeah its not a 1970 either. S31's were mid 70's (like 260/280 interior). It says its an S31 in the chassis number. Also the FI is a givaway for a later car, unless its had an engine swap.

"ONE MORE THING DMV LEGALLY REGISTERED THROUGH THE VIN NUMBER AND IT CAME OUT 1970 NISSAN"

I guess if you compare the chassis number S31011637 to a US spec S30

then S30 - 011637 would be in the range of a 1970 car, but of course you cant do that, so somone at the DMV really screwed up.

ZT? Whats that again? ZL maybe? (I thought people added the T for turbo?)

Wouldn't an S31-ZT look like a 280ZX?

Nope S31's look like S30's.

In the mid 70's I believe the S31 came in ZL and ZT. ZT was more luxurious as the T stood for "Top". These were the Z's with the power windows and such. I am not positive on this as I do not have written proof, but a good friend of mine from Japan told me this and he is a notable source.

-Ben