IGNORED

eBay filter

MikeW

If you're like me you're often doing a "Datsun 240Z" or "Datsun 280Z", etc. search on eBay. I get kind of tired of the (watches, wall clocks, t-shirts, key chains, die-cast models, diamond cut headlights, etc.) and decided that instead of trying to filter out certain keywords that it would be best to just filter out certain sellers who put up the exact same stuff week after week. I really don't want any of that stuff. I've seen it already. Again and again and again.

I thought it might be useful for us to collaborate on the best list of users to ignore. Unfortunately eBay limits you to 10 users. You simply go to the advanced search page and enter a comma-separated list of users to exclude. Here's what I just threw together based on what's currently on eBay:

ur-gelis, wholesale_diecast_models, el_andyboy, redline_motorsport, racing_accessories, revospec, zoinkerswatches, toysmall

I included ur-gelis because I've seen postings here from unhappy buyers. I believe I've seen other people here who refuse to buy from other certain prominent Datsun sellers but I can't remember the names. Who can help me out on that?

What i do is just type any for what ever part im looking for ex. 260z bumper* -case and its comes up with all actual bumpers listed on ebay and or bumper parts like rubber picecs etc. try it ...blank* -case at least just about all listings hope this helps.

Hadn't thought about excluding sellers, but it's not a bad idea. Might work better than my normal filter does, or the two might work well in tandem.

My filter includes some of the same type of things, plus a few things I'm not interested in.

-baseball -diamond -projector -leather -antenna -tokico -nology -weber

In other words - no baseball caps, wierd headlights, antennas, tokico shocks, nology plug wires or Weber carbs.

Even so, my results are typically 14-17 pages.

Most Excellent, I never thought of excluding sellers.

KenshinX Typing what you are looking for does not allowing listings from sellers who don't know exactly what they have-I have bought some very rare parts that were advertised horribly-the last being a NOS '72 console for $28 including shipping...

Will

Typing what you are looking for does not allowing listings from sellers who don't know exactly what they have-I have bought some very rare parts that were advertised horribly-the last being a NOS '72 console for $28 including shipping...
Will, don't share that info! That's how I get my best buys on eBay too! Typos ROCK!

Back in the day when I did web site promotion, one of the things I did was building targeted keyword pages to feed the search engine spiders. I always included versions of commonly misspelled words and typos to garner more hits and higher search returns. Worked like charm. :)

When I'm in a search-mode for something, I'll usually type "datsun" This brings up a second screen. Check the box "Parts and Accessories" and it returns only parts and accessories. Then I sort by "Newest Listed" and check every day. Yes, there's still a lot of non-interest parts, but I know that the newest listed parts are the freshest ads. Searching for specific parts is ok, but if your words and the seller's words don't match, you miss it.