IGNORED

Low VIN # on eBay

DeesZ

Just a heads-up FYI, I came across this while trolling eBay this morning and thought one of y'all may be interested (I am too, but priorities are $ucking me dry.....) VIN-HLS30-00357 (& he's including a '77 with the sale) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-DATSUN-Z-CAR-240Z-MANUFACTURED-11-69-FACT-AIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6783QQihZ014QQitemZ330005026600QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ends July 11 at what is IMO an odd time, so there may be some interesting bidding.

I have #333 and it was also green with the butterscotch interior. I seems like is was a popular color at the time. I have plans to change mine though. It is certainly in better shape than mine. Mines completely rusted out.

I have #333 and it was also green with the butterscotch interior. I seems like is was a popular color at the time. I have plans to change mine though. It is certainly in better shape than mine. Mines completely rusted out.

No, no, no, my dear. MINE'S completely rusted out! :knockedou

post-4148-1415079784834_thumb.jpg

How do you post pictures? Mine doesn't have any floors, the front frame rails are eaten through in several spots, the radiator support is ruined, both rear quarter panels and wheel wells are gone, the rocker panels are gone (both inside and outside), and the doors. Fortunately the roof is ok. I have a 71 to use as a parts car. Yours does look pretty rusty! Congrats on the REALLY low vin #.

How do you post pictures?

When you are composing a post if you scroll down a bit you'll notice a section called "Additional Options". Within that section is a button labeled "Manage Attachments". You simply use that to upload image files. Jpeg files are preferred and I believe there's a size limit of 1024x768 pixels. I prefer it when people do images this way instead of linking them in using HTML which forces you to download the entire images every time you reference the thread.

The reason that so many early z's are green is simple. It is not that they were popular, it was all about Nissan in Japan. They had little faith in the z car in the US, and felt that other projects deserved factory resources. As such, the factory would paint large batches of VINs the same color, to save money. This caused much unhappiness at the dealerships here, imagine getting a shipment of the new model and they are all green, or all orange, or all blue, etc. It wasn't until the z started catching on (noticably) that Nissan started to support it properly.

How do I know this? I saw a great documentary on History channel (available on History website, and mentioned elsewhere on this site) about the z cars, from the beginning to the second gen 300zx.

PS-the car in the ad is in Graham, NC- I know there are some members near there- I, myself, am about 5 hours away (and can't afford another car) but one of us can save this one.