IGNORED

Zs by the Bay - ZFEST 8/4/2002 in norcal

auxilary

Hey all,

check out www.zfest.org and preregister for the show (and get your tshirt with it) Zs by the Bay that's happening on august 4th at Ohlone College in Fremont. We're expecting quite a big turn out, about 1/2 of the parking lot has been leased. All datsuns welcome, hybrids, classics, roadsters, 510s, 240-300zx twin turbos, etc.

Here's a message I just received about the event.

Z's By the Bay

http://zfest.org

August 4th Fremont Ca

For those of you are ZCar Enthusiasts, we wanted to let you know about an upcoming event in August. One that Zdriver.com along with ClubZ will be hosting. The event will be held August 4 at Ohlone College in Fremont, CA (Northern California).

There will be awards, guest speakers (Such as Andy Craig 4 time SCCA National Champion), designated area for a swap meet, and a good possibility of the 350Z being present, and G35Coupe.We are estimating 300+ Cars showing up for this event from stock to highly modified cars it will be one event you will not want to miss!

Also for those of you who have never been to the Bay Area to do some site seeing now is a great chance, with places such as The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz both in San Francisco or take a short trip south to Monterey and Carmel and visit the infamous 17mile drive where the Pebble beach golf course is located, north to visit the wine country of Napa Valley. (So bring the Family)

An online registration form has been set up on http://zfest.org so please pre register and make it out to event if you can. This event it open to all Z's 510s and roadsters

Lastly, we need your help getting the word out about the show. This will hopefully turn into an Annual event however we cannot do it without the help and support of the Nissan and Datsun community so please spread the word.

For those of you making the trip up there is a Howard Johnson right across the street from the show. Rooms are limited so call (510) 656-2366 and book a room before they fill up.

We hope to Zya all there!

Yuichi Kurosawa and Kyle Jester

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

We have just been notified that we will have 2 new 350z’s at the show!!!

Also, we will be honored by the presence of Mr.K , and Mr. Yukawa, who is the head of the 350Z campaign for the U.S.

This will be a great opportunity for all of the Z and Nissan enthusiasts to meet and speak with these important individuals who have had such a profound effect on automotive history.

This is certainly going to be one of the premier Z events on the west coast this year, if not all of the U.S.

The event is on August 4th at Ohlone College, on Mission Blvd, in

Fremont California.

The show hours 9:00 am – 4:00 pm

Gates open – 8:00 am

Pre-registration – online at www.Zfest.org

Pre-registration - $ 25.00 including limited edition T Shirt

Entrance fee at the gate - $35.00 including limited edition T Shirt

Separate Swap Meet section

Accommodations - Howard Johnson’s – across the street from the show location – limited # of rooms

Call for reservations – 510-656-2366 – ask for Karen

Hello everybody!

Check this out. August 4 is also the 212th Birthday for the United States Coast Guard. That's right 212 years of guarding our boarders and saving lives. So if anybody has any pull at this event, a little remembrance for the Coast Guard and other Armed Sevices is always appreciated. Hoo Rah!

Heres a little History for ya'll

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/collect.html

Now if you didn't know there happens to be a lot of Coast Guard in the Bay Area. One of the Boot Camp locations used to be Alameda Island in S.F., this base is still highly active but no longer serves in the Basic Training role. There are many cutters and small boats stationed there. Also, In Petaluma (less than an hour North) is a large training center where they teach many of us Coasties how to do our jobs ie: Electronics Tech.

Thanks for listening!:geek:

"August 4 is also the 212th Birthday for the United States Coast Guard. "

Wow, you don't say....

Mike, if you can't make this show, you are a three legged monkey-hum**** sack of poopoo. I'll be there and will take lots of pix...

MSA was/is great and all, but with the 350's and MrK showing up (i.e. Nissan support) all I can say is, "Take THAT, MSA!"

steve(11 days till ZFESTwest)77

Owen? Royce? I will meet you at ZFEST right???? We need a little sign of something--like a gang signal! Something.....how about a little White-Out 'Z' somewhere on the car. Somewhere it won't detract from judging or anything (not that my beater will be judged very hard!!!) Would the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side be too ugly? Just put a little '240z.org' there with White-Out.

And nobody pop up here and say, "See?...we should have 240z.org sitckers." I wouldn't put a sticker on my car if you paid me.

steve77