IGNORED

Automotive Photography

26th-Z

I used to buy 35mm film in 100 foot rolls, in different ASAs, and reload the cans self. You save a lot that way. But the thing that makes me feel like film is going out is the photo printers you can get cheaply. You just stick the memory card from your digital camera in there, and it runs off the prints. How's tha for "One Hour Photo" service?

thxZ

Micheal (mgood) -

I was looking at the photos on your website, and I noticed that some of the special ones on the front quarter shots were done with a wide lens? The article on the musclemagazine website tells you that those kinds of photos are undesireable. Did you do that on purpose?

TomoHawk,

Yes, I wanted to over emphasize the shape, I have always liked the wide angle lens.

I read someplace many years ago the the car industry in its early days use to have photographers use special lenses that elongated the cars for their advertising. This was to make them look sleeker.

• 7 years later...

I am constantly amazed by folks saying "you must have a great camera, you take such good shots".

I agree the subject and composition are most important, but also is the photographer! One has to be aware of the whole photo, not only the main subject. Have to learn about all the ramifications involving that.

• 3 months later...