IGNORED

datsun owners identifacation card

Dat 240K

my k is a 76 originaly soft top and was brought in hobart and some how made it into the sedan bone yard were i picked it up for $500 still running with spare L26. Id never heard of a 240k let alone seen one but somthing told me to save it i thought it had to be good just by the look of the tail lights and the body lines:love: i couldn't believe the condition of the interior after at lest 2yrs rotting in the wrecking yard thaank god for seat covers the vynal roof was stuffed and roof serverly rusted but ive fixed most of the damage

this photo of the roof was takn just after rain but you can still see were the damage was

post-10708-14150797447752_thumb.jpg

Found an unexpected way to remove a 240k vinyl roof a few years back. I was a passenger in a tired old auto 240k that was held mostly flat-out from glen osmond to murray bridge. A little after mount barker, we heard a weird bang/thump from the roof, we slowed down but couldn't figure out what the problem was, so back up to speed, and when we got to murray bridge there was very little left of the vinyl :)

Max speed for that run was around 190 down hill, 170-180 on the flat and anywhere down to 120 up hills.

That 240k was the best $55 my mate ever spent (once we fixed the wiring it never missed a beat), did two decent long distance interstate runs and copped a hell of a lot of other abuse, and the only thing it ever needed was ridiculous amounts of oil :) Pity it's long gone...

Jonno.

Hmm that sounds like what could of happened to mine as the big middle strip of vynal was gone but the side bits were still there. When i fist got the car to me it looked like someone had plans to turn it into a shooting buggy by the look of the scratch macks in the roof:mad:

but my dad said the manufactur put them there so the glue had something to bite into