IGNORED

Interested in the Pinks Z: Want the motor? Details within...

naviathan

Alright, were going to do a raffle...snipped.....

That being said, i want it to be abundantly clear in how this will work, this is a raffle for the complete longblock from valve cover to oil pan out of the Pinks car engine bay. In this raffle you will be bidding on the motor we will be racing in the actual car, ....snipped........

So you win ONLY the Long Block?

What happens to the rest of the engine? Intake,Fuel Injection System, Engine Management System, Turbo, Turbo Exhaust System, Intercoolers, Various sensors and valves, Fan's etc etc etc - will they be available for Sale in case someone wants to buy the entire - complete - set up?

thanks,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

http://www.pinks.tv/

You guys crack me up. "Complete long block... from valve cover to oil pan". Reed the fist post an U will no the Code.

Hi Chris:

I believe I did read the first Post - carefully and completely. A "long block" is not a complete running engine. A long block does not contain, nor include the many items I ask about. Nor does the term "motor" more fully define what's being offered.

Call your local Nissan Dealer (or any source that sells engines) and ask them exactly what you get if you order a "short block" or a "long block". I simply noted that naviathan specifically used the term "long block" as well as qualified it by saying from the Valve Cover to the Oil Pan - and since he seems to be involved in the process of building the engine - I felt that he certainly knew the difference between a long block and a complete running engine; other wise he would have said something to the effect that you get the complete engine along with all hardware necessary to install and run it in your Z.

In terms of value - the long block would account for about 35% of the total cost... If they are offering the complete engine as set up, running and raced... the value of the tickets would be much higher as long as the price of the tickets stays the same.

Just didn't want there to be any misunderstanding, especially since naviathan wanted to make it abundantly clear..

FWIW,

Carl

Actually I'm simply involved helping the guys who were building it get the word out. I wish I could have been there helping them get things done. I'll ask if they're still accepting raffle tickets even though the race is over.

Yes, the Pinks team is still accepting purchases for the raffle tickets. The engine is a go for being raffled off. There's also thoughts rolling around about selling off other parts of the car to raise more money to cover the costs of the trip and everything. So, for all those interested in the Pinks Long block, the only thing we're waiting on is more tickets to sell.

Pinks_Z_1.jpg