IGNORED

Interested in the Pinks Z: Want the motor? Details within...

naviathan

DSC08000_copy.jpg

Alright, were going to do a raffle for the longblock that will go into the Pinks car.

We've decided to do this as such, we will sell tickets @ $26 per ticket, that way it should be w/ in everyones budget to a degree. We must sell a minimum of 275 tickets. We'll cap sales at 325 tickets or 5 days after the 275 mark has been broken, whichever occurs 1st.

In buying these raffle tickets you will be helping fund the pinks build so that we can complete the car, and bring the most competitive S30/L block to pinks that is presently possible!

We cannot talk specifics of the motor on unsecured forums, but it will be safe to say that even if you bought $1000 in raffle tickets, you'd still be making out like a bandit if you won...

What i will say is this, 7.79:1 CR motor, so silly amounts of boost, forged parts, coatings, and a lightened/balanced assembly. Fast and strong...

That being said, i want it to be abundantly clear in how this will work, this is a raffle for the complete longblock from valve cover to oil pan out of the Pinks car engine bay. In this raffle you will be bidding on the motor we will be racing in the actual car, this is a show based around the premiss of gambling. That being said the tickets being sold in this raffle, are being sold with the known factor that the raffle will only go through in full, if we win the race, if we do not win we are at the mercy of the competitors. I want that to be abundandtly clear to ANYONE who intends on purchasing tickets.

If you purchase a ticket, and are the winner of the raffle, you would be asked not to publish anything about it until AFTER the show airs. Meaning if you intend to get on other forums and brag about having the Pinks motor, put it on ebay, talk about it in a blog, whatever... we'd ask that you wait until the episode has aired.

The drawing for the raffle would be done once we have returned home, we would either do a live webchat, or notify the winner via e-mail, or if the board see's fit, i'm considering trying to get Rich to draw the ticket right there on air, then leave everyone in suspense until the show airs. The winner will be responsible for getting the engine to there doorstep, we'll work w/ shippers and all that, but the fee's involved are on the shoulders of the winner. Tickets would be awarded in numerical order as they are claimed.

This all having been said, we will begin taking ticket purchases now.

If you want to purchase a ticket:

We will be accepting paypal, cash, cashiers check, etc... the sooner your payment, the sooner you have secured a ticket basically.

If paying by paypal:

- Paypal to GuyStrtRcr18@hotmail.com

- Include your board name, and what board you are from in the additional information box! Can't keep track of screen names if we don't have yours!

- Include your home address.

Cool........ I'll take two tickets. Come on guys, help out the Pinks build so we can stomp some a$$ at the race.

Pick yourself up a couple tickets today and help out the cause, and maybe win yourself a kicka$$ motor....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here it is...Crunch time. The Pinks Z is on it's way to FL for dial in and final tuning before the race. THEY NEED AS MUCH SUPPORT AS THEY CAN GET!!! We still need to sell more raffle tickets and and anyone that can donate please do so! Help them show the nation what a well built Z Car can do! Support the community by supporting the Pinks Z!

You don't see how it supports the community? So putting a Z Car on national television on a very popular show doesn't give the community more visability? Seeing a car similar to the one some guy in BFE has in his barn on television racing, might just be the driving force to bring that old Z out of the barn and get involved with it. The more people that get into the restorations and build ups, the more demand there is for parts which brings about lower prices and more availability for the rest of us.

It might help if they gave a fuller explanation of who they are and what they are trying to accomplish, along withthe refund thing.

I for one have never heard of Pinks Z.

Plus, we are being asked to give money for a complete unknown engine? How would we know if these guys know what they are doing?

Marty

I, too, was curious about this thread as today is the first I have seen the subject on our site. On behalf of Jeremy, I'll fill you all in as little as I know and ask a question of Jeremy at the same time.

"Pinks" is a TV show on Speed Channel that pits two braggarts against each other in a "winner takes all" race with the winner getting to keep the looser's car. The one episode I saw was between two drag bikes - very nice drag bikes - $20,000 drag bikes. I find it hard to believe that someone would go on TV for nothing, just to bet their ride for a race. But that's the premise.

From what I know, the guys over at "Hybred-Z" decided to build a car for Pinks. They started their own sub-forum, went out and raised sponsorship money, hired an ace driver, and built this fire breathing monster of a Z. Frankly, I'm proud of them.

So they are going to win Pinks and some lucky Z freak is going to win the raffle and the engine. At least, that's the premis. If they loose or decide to not give the engine away, no one can do anything about the money they spent on their raffel ticket.

So the real bottom line is; "Yous pays yo monies an yous takes yo chances". I'm planning on buying the DVD of the show and selling bootlegs on eBay.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Chris. "It's a cable thing". I don't get cable, so that makes sense. I would rather spend money on my Z, than cable, LOL!

If they lose, it would be pretty tough to follow through on their raffle commitment. I would think the winner would want the engine too!

Marty

Yea, me too, Marty. I guess you would be interested in my bootleg DVD of the show?LOL

But while I mention it, check out Speed's site. They sell their broadcasts of races on DVD for cheap. I bought a copy of the SCCA Pro Touring race at Sebring because it has a 1-1/2 second scan of the crowd and there I am, sitting on the hill, waving to the camera.