IGNORED

240K coupe on ebay

vdp

Hmm nice sales tactic. wizz off the people that actuall want to buy the car.

Did anyone contact the guy selling the Blue 240K coupe on ozdat? At $4000 or near offer it sounds like a better buy, especially if you plan to do an engine conversion.

• 1 month later...

Since I'm new here, I'll bite: What's special about a manual car? Can't you just convert it over? Or does that not sit well with you knowing the car was once an automatic?

Nothing wrong with an auto, except that most owners want a bit of performance, and the old autos are pretty average in that department (and the driver enjoyment department).

I think the manuals were far more common, in fact, in the good ol days, we all used to upgrade our 1600's and 180B's to a 240k 5 speed because they were plentiful and cheap.

Converting a car is possible, but it's a bit more involved than just sourcing a manual box. Read Lachlan's guide to a 5 speed conversion, which we did a few months back. Nothing too difficult in there, but just need to make sure you've got everything covered.

Yeah I don't think it was because less manuals were sold, just that the cars that tend to survive this long are automatics. I for one am glad my car was auto. It had a very easy life! :) Well until I got my dirty mitts on it anyway.

No idea what this guy is trying to do. Not sure if he does either.

OK. I thought you Aussies were like us lazy Americans who just didn't like to shift gears. In America, during this period (and today, as well) there were far more automatics sold than manuals. The Japanese of the same period mostly bought manuals. It's pretty rare to find an automatic Hakosuka. Heck, even the top-line Crowns have more manuals than autos.

• 2 weeks later...