Sign in to follow this  
vdp

240K coupe on ebay

heads up guys,

there is a very clean coupe on ebay at the moment. It was up for sale on ebay a few months ago in Bris. wonder what the go is? (from memory of the earlier sale, the engine bay hadn't been resprayed - the new owner has only posted 1 picture)

Thought you all might like to know.

it's back :)

looks like the new owner has absolutely no idea about cars.. leather huh? i wonder which part?

Heres the original discussion about the car:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20405

and heres the car the first time it went on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4612607836&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Its got to be at least a 2 or 3 owner car now as its changes hands 1 or 2 times.

I would be very interested to find out how much he paid for the car from the QLD owner. There is no mention of a reserve. Damn profiteers! I hope he is in for a shock.

The car now seems to be a GT and not a GL, oh, Leather! That would be a first. I have asked for proof.

Still it is a very nice example and would look good in anyone's Garage. ;-)

It's the other way around. You people don't know much about cars. That is genuine Naugahyde on those seats. Geez, must have had to kill at least 6 Naugas to do up that interior. LOL

i did think about bidding on the car, but i must admit i am just not as excited about it this time around... even if it is already in sydney and not too far away...

i am going to stick with the shell i have

Yeah I felt the same way. I was very keen on it the first time, even with the cost of transporting it across the country, but now... I bought another 240Z in the mean time.

Still on the lookout for a coupe body locally though.

Far too many negative feedbacks to sales ratio for me.

Have a read of these, something just doesn't sit right :paranoid:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=mad_boyz_toyz+&Dirn=Received+by

They are either incompetent or shonky....maybe both! The picture they are using is from the previous owners eBay auction, they've pinched pictures from Alfadogs brochure and book eBay auctions, the description is certainly not precise, but that's not unusual I guess:rolleyes:

Their main gig is very average radio controlled toy cars, and their problems seem to revolve around A: Quality, B: Communication, and C: Post & packaging. If the car can be viewed before bidding, a lot of the doubts can be erased. If we can find out just where they are in Sydney, I may be able to check it out for any remotely placed interested parties (Brian?).

A few niggling doubts though, (when considered together)

• The auction is a no reserve

• in answer to a question about a CASH price, they answered $7000.

Do they really expect the bidding to reach/pass $7000?? Say it stops at ~$3500, classic situation for a shill bid!

I may be being unfair and uncharitable to the seller, but with all things considered.....:ermm:

Maybe someone here can give their own take on it all? I would really like to be way off here, and see this get a good home to one of our forum members.

if it is the car that was up in QLD, i have no doubt that it is a tidy specimen, i can't imagine them removing parts or anything.

The car is apparently in minchinbery (out towards mt druitt), they obviously have no idea what the car is and are incapible of doing a search to see what a reasonable price is for it ($7000... that is the biggest joke!, you may get that for a car with <10,000KM!).

i would be interested to know how they even came across the car, and what made them think it is worth so much. it certainly isn't a cult car (yet :D) like the 1600

i wouldn't be surprised if they are jacking the price too, they certainly don't seem to be on the straight and narrow.

I have been watching that auction. I am now a bit concerned though based upon your observations. I asked if they were willing to ship to the U.S. and they seemed to have no problem. I am very interested in getting a 240K as soon as possible. I am in a bit of a spot as I will be dealing with someone halfway around the world. Reputation is obviously important, and I would much rather deal with someone I have actually spoken to or previously dealt with. I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have. Thanks

Brian

honestly i wouldn't be trying to rely on them for anything.. given the feedback from the other website.

if you won the auction, and then got somebody here to pick it up, and take it to whatever shipping you arrange then it should be okay. if it isn't registered (either in NSW or QLD) then it would need to go onto a trailer to get driven to the shipping company, so you would be up for trailer costs and petrol i would guess (around $200-$400 for a weekend)

none of us (i assume) have had any experience in shipping a car out of australia, so i have no idea what proof you would need for the shipping company etc. for them to accept it

Doesn't look good. swa7123 and 2-spautomatic have ZERO feedback. gt_pulsar seems to have a thing for bondage and goth. andrew8717 is a Rolling Stones fan. themercyseat is a record collector. Only centralise has some credability of being interested in cars, having recently bought a car and car related items, but he doesn't look like a Datsun man. The reputation of the potential buyers seem to match that of the seller.

My first rule of e-Bay: know your competition as well as your seller.

The problem with ebay noobies, is that they tend to pay alot more than a seasoned ebayer would, and they bid really early, so they drive the price up.

Would be funny if it sells for less than the original owner was asking for it.

so what your saying miles is that the seller is a stones wannabe (and collector) who wishes to drive around in a 240k dressed in a leather police womans outfit whilst tying himself/herself to the nice leather seats...

but surely that describes most of us here :D

Kent,

Hahahahaha! You know what i mean. I'm just agreeing with Jim. Looks fishy to have non-car guys bidding on this one. And I'm kinda the Gothic Lolita type myself. LOL

Hum, I had a couple of days email dialogue with the seller. The car is located 30 minutes from me, but he still will not give me the address to com and see it. Maybe it had something to do with me asking him:

(1) What the reserve is?

(2) GL or GT - It's a GL

(3) Pictures of the Leather please . . .

(4) Did he buy it from the original Queensland Seller, or is he selling it for them.

Once I asked the last question, I have had no response since.

Kent, are you interrested to have a look at it Saturday? If so, I would not mind coming along. Maybe the two of us there could help removing this ill feeling my "spider senses" get from this guy.

yeah i don't mind, i am up that way working on my engine anyway.

i will contat him and try to get an address! i will let you know

Jim & Kent,

The seller (Alex) has just contacted me back and we can go and see the car tomorrow morning around 9:00am. I have a contact number and the Address.

The story is that he bought the car a month ago from the original owner for $4500. That is his reserve. He says he has a freind that has offered to ship it to Japan for him and give him $10000 for it there. What did I say about profiteers in my earlier post !

Anyway, it's too rich for my wallet, but I thought it mightbe a good idea to look over the car for over club members that still may be interrested.

Give me a call today if you can make it tomorrow morning.

Guys, I am still following this auction as well. At $4500aus, it will be a bit more than I had hoped to spend. Especially when you take into account the fact that I will be shipping it to the States. But, I would be very interested in what you find out and what your personal impressions of the car are. I do not know what the status of these cars are now and am only going off of what I have seen others advertised for. I very much want to get as clean an example as possible, hence my interest in this particular car. It looks to be as clean as they come. Thanks

Brian

Are they shipping it to Japan and trying to sell it? Or do they have a buyer in Japan? The car's not going to be worth all that much here except maybe for novelty or museum.

That type of car here, C110, is currently going anywhere from 300,000 to 1,600,000. The 300,000 car is advertised as a PC110 4-door with 48,000km bone stock. The 1,600,000 car is a modified GTX with all the GT-R trimmings.

That being said, a 240K GL automatic coupe probably won't bring much in Japan. Just for the shipping, customs duty, and Japanese conformance makes it unfeasible.

$4500!? he as absolutely dreaming... if you look hard enough, you could find a descent example here for around $2500! it is just a matter of time.

and as for selling it to japan, as Miles said, i think he is going to get a pretty rude shock after it gets shipped there... there is a reason cars sell cheaply as exports..

9am is a bit too early for me,

heres the ad:

Datsun 240K GT 5 speed, LSD, IRS, Recent engine rebuilt to run unleaded, lowered springs

Car Identification: RPZ727

Price: $4000ono Location: Enfield SA

Phone: 0424948120 (hours: 10:30am - 1:30pm 11:30pm - 12:)

Pics:

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2874%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2871%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2873%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2872%29.bmp

Guys I went over to see the car and met Alex. I spent an hour or so there and went over the car with a fine comb. Alex is quite a nice feller and the car is even better.

He actually bought the car for $3000, but has spent money moving it and cleaning it up. There are now standard height King springs in it with new shockers all round. The tyres are roadworthy, but retreads. It now owes him around the $4000 mark. And he will not be selling it for any less, regardless of want the bid finishes at. ( You work that out! )

But the car itself is a pearl, I would go as far as to say that it's as good as my yellow coupe, if not possibly better, with the exception of the intior.

Refer to the pics:

post-7277-14150797312947_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150797313504_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150797314044_thumb.jpg

post-7277-14150797314469_thumb.jpg