IGNORED

240K coupe on ebay

vdp

heads up guys,

there is a very clean coupe on ebay at the moment. It was up for sale on ebay a few months ago in Bris. wonder what the go is? (from memory of the earlier sale, the engine bay hadn't been resprayed - the new owner has only posted 1 picture)

Thought you all might like to know.

Heres the original discussion about the car:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20405

and heres the car the first time it went on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4612607836&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Its got to be at least a 2 or 3 owner car now as its changes hands 1 or 2 times.

I would be very interested to find out how much he paid for the car from the QLD owner. There is no mention of a reserve. Damn profiteers! I hope he is in for a shock.

The car now seems to be a GT and not a GL, oh, Leather! That would be a first. I have asked for proof.

Still it is a very nice example and would look good in anyone's Garage. ;-)

Far too many negative feedbacks to sales ratio for me.

Have a read of these, something just doesn't sit right :paranoid:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=mad_boyz_toyz+&Dirn=Received+by

They are either incompetent or shonky....maybe both! The picture they are using is from the previous owners eBay auction, they've pinched pictures from Alfadogs brochure and book eBay auctions, the description is certainly not precise, but that's not unusual I guess:rolleyes:

Their main gig is very average radio controlled toy cars, and their problems seem to revolve around A: Quality, B: Communication, and C: Post & packaging. If the car can be viewed before bidding, a lot of the doubts can be erased. If we can find out just where they are in Sydney, I may be able to check it out for any remotely placed interested parties (Brian?).

A few niggling doubts though, (when considered together)

• The auction is a no reserve

• in answer to a question about a CASH price, they answered $7000.

Do they really expect the bidding to reach/pass $7000?? Say it stops at ~$3500, classic situation for a shill bid!

I may be being unfair and uncharitable to the seller, but with all things considered.....:ermm:

Maybe someone here can give their own take on it all? I would really like to be way off here, and see this get a good home to one of our forum members.

if it is the car that was up in QLD, i have no doubt that it is a tidy specimen, i can't imagine them removing parts or anything.

The car is apparently in minchinbery (out towards mt druitt), they obviously have no idea what the car is and are incapible of doing a search to see what a reasonable price is for it ($7000... that is the biggest joke!, you may get that for a car with <10,000KM!).

i would be interested to know how they even came across the car, and what made them think it is worth so much. it certainly isn't a cult car (yet :D) like the 1600

i wouldn't be surprised if they are jacking the price too, they certainly don't seem to be on the straight and narrow.

I have been watching that auction. I am now a bit concerned though based upon your observations. I asked if they were willing to ship to the U.S. and they seemed to have no problem. I am very interested in getting a 240K as soon as possible. I am in a bit of a spot as I will be dealing with someone halfway around the world. Reputation is obviously important, and I would much rather deal with someone I have actually spoken to or previously dealt with. I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have. Thanks

Brian

honestly i wouldn't be trying to rely on them for anything.. given the feedback from the other website.

if you won the auction, and then got somebody here to pick it up, and take it to whatever shipping you arrange then it should be okay. if it isn't registered (either in NSW or QLD) then it would need to go onto a trailer to get driven to the shipping company, so you would be up for trailer costs and petrol i would guess (around $200-$400 for a weekend)

none of us (i assume) have had any experience in shipping a car out of australia, so i have no idea what proof you would need for the shipping company etc. for them to accept it