IGNORED

240K coupe on ebay

vdp

Doesn't look good. swa7123 and 2-spautomatic have ZERO feedback. gt_pulsar seems to have a thing for bondage and goth. andrew8717 is a Rolling Stones fan. themercyseat is a record collector. Only centralise has some credability of being interested in cars, having recently bought a car and car related items, but he doesn't look like a Datsun man. The reputation of the potential buyers seem to match that of the seller.

My first rule of e-Bay: know your competition as well as your seller.

so what your saying miles is that the seller is a stones wannabe (and collector) who wishes to drive around in a 240k dressed in a leather police womans outfit whilst tying himself/herself to the nice leather seats...

but surely that describes most of us here :D

Hum, I had a couple of days email dialogue with the seller. The car is located 30 minutes from me, but he still will not give me the address to com and see it. Maybe it had something to do with me asking him:

(1) What the reserve is?

(2) GL or GT - It's a GL

(3) Pictures of the Leather please . . .

(4) Did he buy it from the original Queensland Seller, or is he selling it for them.

Once I asked the last question, I have had no response since.

Kent, are you interrested to have a look at it Saturday? If so, I would not mind coming along. Maybe the two of us there could help removing this ill feeling my "spider senses" get from this guy.

Jim & Kent,

The seller (Alex) has just contacted me back and we can go and see the car tomorrow morning around 9:00am. I have a contact number and the Address.

The story is that he bought the car a month ago from the original owner for $4500. That is his reserve. He says he has a freind that has offered to ship it to Japan for him and give him $10000 for it there. What did I say about profiteers in my earlier post !

Anyway, it's too rich for my wallet, but I thought it mightbe a good idea to look over the car for over club members that still may be interrested.

Give me a call today if you can make it tomorrow morning.

Guys, I am still following this auction as well. At $4500aus, it will be a bit more than I had hoped to spend. Especially when you take into account the fact that I will be shipping it to the States. But, I would be very interested in what you find out and what your personal impressions of the car are. I do not know what the status of these cars are now and am only going off of what I have seen others advertised for. I very much want to get as clean an example as possible, hence my interest in this particular car. It looks to be as clean as they come. Thanks

Brian

Are they shipping it to Japan and trying to sell it? Or do they have a buyer in Japan? The car's not going to be worth all that much here except maybe for novelty or museum.

That type of car here, C110, is currently going anywhere from 300,000 to 1,600,000. The 300,000 car is advertised as a PC110 4-door with 48,000km bone stock. The 1,600,000 car is a modified GTX with all the GT-R trimmings.

That being said, a 240K GL automatic coupe probably won't bring much in Japan. Just for the shipping, customs duty, and Japanese conformance makes it unfeasible.

$4500!? he as absolutely dreaming... if you look hard enough, you could find a descent example here for around $2500! it is just a matter of time.

and as for selling it to japan, as Miles said, i think he is going to get a pretty rude shock after it gets shipped there... there is a reason cars sell cheaply as exports..

9am is a bit too early for me,

heres the ad:

Datsun 240K GT 5 speed, LSD, IRS, Recent engine rebuilt to run unleaded, lowered springs

Car Identification: RPZ727

Price: $4000ono Location: Enfield SA

Phone: 0424948120 (hours: 10:30am - 1:30pm 11:30pm - 12:)

Pics:

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2874%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2871%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2873%29.bmp

http://www.ozdat.com/classifieds/images/Image%2872%29.bmp