IGNORED

Header pics question!

olie05

Jmark,

The streetable headers I have on my 2.4 liter do have 1 and 3/8" primaries. I use an E-31 head and the #4 & #5 exhaust ports need 1 and 1/2" tubes to begin with at the head. Jere Stahl does a neat job of sleeving the smaller tube into the larger one and brazing a smooth transition between the pipes.

The best thing about going with his haeder is that you can run a real twin pipe exhaut to the back of the car. It sounds GREAT!

I run a fuel cell so I have a muffler in each back corner. If you have a stock gas tank then think about running two SuperTrapp stainless "megaphone" style mufflers "over and under" at the stock location.

Either way you will need some custum bent pipes. Midas can "crush bend and fit them, or you can find someone who can mandral bend them.

I will eventualy replace my steel crush bent pipes and generic reverse flow mufflers with stainless mandral bent pipes and SuperTrapps.

Go for it, it's not cheap but it is the best way to go.

Thanks Dave. Good info. Jere knows his stuff. He recommended 1 3/8" primaries for my stock motor 240Z as well. By the way MSA is going to be selling the Stahl headers soon.