IGNORED

Header pics question!

olie05

Note that the car with the header you like is right hand drive. There isn't enough room for this kind of header on a left hand drive car - the steering column is in the way.

:classic: I guess it's time to move to Aussie land. :squareeye

Other places to consider are South Africa, New Zealand, Japan and England ...

Of course then there is the whole hand brake location problem and relearning to drive on the other side of the road, which I can say is a bit scary the first time you try it! After 10 years of seeing on coming traffic on the left hand side of the road when you start driving on that side it's a bit un-nerving.

I am aware of the RHD configuration that this car has. And... I (believe it or not) was considering a RHD conversion on my next project, which is the project I would want to use a header of this style on.

found this header pic. http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11138&cat=500&ppuser=932

i'm still very impressed by these style headers. I need more info!!!!

Look at the picture close and you'll see that these headers are completely custom built. And I'd be willing to bet they weren't fabbed up at a regular exhaust shop. These probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of at least $500 (just a guess, but that's what I'd expect to pay).

Looks like a FI setup to me. Note what appears to be an injector wiring harness running to each intake port.

Looks like it but I don't see fuel lines...do the FI cars have that same throttle linkage? Why am I asking instead of walking to the garage...:lick:

olie05, I see you have found a picture of my header. This is a copy of the original BRE header designed by Peter Brock. I can tell you all about it...what would you like to know? Feel free to PM me.

Kmack I wish this header was only $500 bucks...It was custom made by the only guy that has an original BRE header and sadly cost a bit more than your estimate.

Ron

olie05, I see you have found a picture of my header. This is a copy of the original BRE header designed by Peter Brock. I can tell you all about it...what would you like to know? Feel free to PM me.

Kmack I wish this header was only $500 bucks...It was custom made by the only guy that has an original BRE header and sadly cost a bit more than your estimate.

Ron

ive seen this piece in person... quite a masterpieceLOL

Thanks for replying, Ron carter. My main question is how much of an increase in performance is this header design over the standard header design? For comparison reasons, i'd say compared to an equal length header that immediately goes straight down after the ports instead of curving out? These few pictures are the only ones i've seen with these types of headers, and I'd like to know if you can liken the performance gains to that of a "long tube" style header.

Look at the picture close and you'll see that these headers are completely custom built. And I'd be willing to bet they weren't fabbed up at a regular exhaust shop. These probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of at least $500 (just a guess, but that's what I'd expect to pay).

If you look at the original post i made when I started this thread, I specified that the header i was looking at was a "custom one" I did not say i was on any kind of budget for this header when I do get around to building my next zcar, and I didn't say that I was going to source "a regular exhaust shop" to fab the header up for me.

but thanks for the observations. :rolleyes: