IGNORED

Original Key Blanks

1 Bravo 6

Hi Guys:

Here is a little additional data, for the owners of Series I Datsun 240-Z's in North American Market Spec.... but might also apply to the HS30's in Australia/NZ and other places.

Technical Service Bulletin TS70-47 New Key System and Key Numbers:

see attached:

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL

http://ZHome.com

post-3609-14150796869335_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150796869752_thumb.jpg

Sorry you blokes,

Big dissapointment. The key blanks were NOT original.

Bloody stupid woman. I explained quite clearly what I was looking for, scanned the page from the owner's manual and sent it to her, specificly asked if the key blank had the "Z" logo and "Nissan Motors" on it ..........

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

I don't give up so easily.

The search goes on ............................

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Is it a "Z" on the key? Ive always thought that it was an "N". Wasnt there a scan somewhere in another thread where the same key was used for 69 model cars other than Z's? If so, wouldnt it be an "N" for Nissan?

Hmmmm,

I don't know, ..... I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Stand the key up vertical, (on it's pointy end), .... it's a "N". :cry:

Horizontal, ....... it's a "Z". :D

When you think about it, does a key go into a lock in the vertical or horizontal position ???????????????LOL

Just a thought.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Got it. This scan shows a similarly marked key and indicates its use from early as October 67; way before the Z was built.

Id have to say it was an "N" for Nissan based on this.

Anyone know where or why Datsun used the Griffon on the keys shown prior to Oct. 67? I've never found any reference to it in any Datsun/Nissan documents nor history.

Carl B.

Hey Rick

I can understand your disappointment but no need to be too sorry about this affair.

From my own perspective I learnt quite a bit about key blanks for Datsuns, the differences in keys for Zeds (and Datsuns) between different markets, and then there were the separate matters of aftermarket fuel caps and the variation between what was supplied in fuel flaps between different markets.

All of this information was value for me and the inquiry into key blanks continues.

Good on your for your efforts - hope you get your deserved success elsewhere.

Regards

These are pictures of the four types of original key blanks that were noted in previous posts as being used for the doors/hatch for the series one 240Z cars in the US. Nissan part #'s KEY00-00016, KEY00-00017, KEY00-00018, and KEY00-00019.